Advanced Support Engineer
£40,000 - £60,000
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This company is looking for a 3rd Line Support Engineer who wants to move into an Advanced Services role.
This role will report directly into their Head of Support Operations. This will be their first Advanced Support Engineer hire and it really is an exciting time to come on board and join the team. As this role and their Support Team continues to grow, so will your prospects and opportunities. If you have one eye on a Solutions Architect position, that is fine with this company.
As an Advanced Support Engineer, you will lead and participate in a variety of tasks during the design, deployment, on-boarding and operational support for cloud based video and UC solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with in-house engineering, support and customer facing project teams.
- Responsible for successfully implementing the designs and solutions specified by Senior Design Engineers.
- Troubleshooting video, voice, network, security and other IT solutions involved in connecting to their systems whilst on customer sites.
Within this role you will work closely with the Support and Customer Success teams, to ensure on-boarding of new customers is performed correctly. You will also support the training of administrators and users.
The Ideal candidate will have previous deployment skills for on-premise or cloud UC solutions and a mixture of network and Microsoft knowledge, to a level where they can hold a technical meeting with a multidisciplinary internal customer IT team.
Management will help you gain the necessary skills and knowledge via training. Your progression will be determined by your performance.
You will be expected to work as part of a team and on your own, and will be expected to support less qualified engineers as the need arises.
- Rigorously apply company standards in all situations.
- Working as a crew member or on your own deploying products, including direct liaison with customers' and company representatives
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and network issues, root cause analysis and supporting the resolution of these with customer facing teams.
- Reproducing issues and investigating causes with test infrastructure.
- Technical liaison between the customer team and the wider organisation.
- Helping customers and partners optimise their audio and video experience.
- Preparing equipment for outbound shipment to the customers sites.
- Cisco CCNA (or above) or Microsoft MCSA / MCSE.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in technical deployment of UC solutions.
- Excellent analysis and troubleshooting skills to cover a wide variety of technologies.
- Routing and Switching experience with knowledge of LAN/ WAN, transport protocols and QoS.
- Video and VoIP infrastructure.
- Microsoft Skype for business (O365 or On-Premise).
- Microsoft Office 365.
- Linux or MAC OS.
- SIP trunks and other PSTN or PBX services.