Service Desk Team Leader
£33000 - £35000
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Are you proud when zero problems happen and can you live with not having issues and being "unknown" rather than being the 'knight in shining armour'? Do you thrive on sharing your knowledge and making IT simple not a "black art"?
You need to have had at least 3 years experience supporting multiple systems (desktop, servers and networks) and leading a team of service desk analysts and engineers to ensure you have the skills and demonstrable knowledge to deliver in this role. The team will spend the majority of the time processing incidents and requests based from our offices but this is not a standard support role, providing onsite support for our clients is also required.
The role requires excellent people management, resource management & time management skills along with the ability to get to the root cause of an issue. Strong organisational skills with the ability to triage and prioritise incidents and requests from multiple customers will be extremely important.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate that you can achieve the following:-
- Being the first escalation point for all customer support issues and to represent the business in a professional, courteous and diligent way
- Helping customers to overcome IT issues to allow them to perform their roles in their day-to-day business which can include treating people medically, helping people overcome difficult circumstances or improving the quality of a person's life
- Recording, categorising, triaging and assigning inbound Incidents & Service Requests effectively
- Assisting team members with prioritising ticket queues and supporting them in resolving tickets
- Undertaking immediate effort to restore a failed service as quickly as possible
- Liaising with clients throughout the lifecycle of the ticket, setting expectations appropriately
- Ensuring that any technical issues on a service ticket are escalated efficiently and appropriately and within the guidelines provided
- Following guidelines on process and procedure and highlight issues and potential roadblocks so that we can deliver a premium managed service
- Working towards achieving and maintaining high customer satisfaction levels and receiving positive and negative feedback constructively
- Feedback noticeable trends or patterns in managing tickets to highlight potential improvement or ticket reduction actions
- Assisting with the personal development of team members, identifying efficiency and effectiveness improvements and driving changes
- Taking ownership of KPI measurements and targets for the team
Technology experience should include most or all of; Windows Server, GPO, DNS, DHCP, MS-SQL, MS Exchange, MS-365, SharePoint/Exchange Online, WatchGuard/Cisco Firewalls, MS-Office, VLAN, RAID, LUNS, SAN, NAS, DAS, VMware, Hyper-V, ADSL, VDSL, EFM, Leased, MPLS, SD-WAN, 3G/4G, Hosted VoIP, Printing, Scanning, MFA and Windows desktop/applications.