Software Tester / Test Analyst / Software Test Engineer
£20000 - £30000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Software Tester
Salary: £20,000 - £30,000
This is an opportunity for a tester with a few years commercial experience, to join an established software house who seeks a key individual to join a small niche software development team to assist with a variety of Software Testing technical duties, supporting the developing and Quality Management of its practice management software product for law firms from its head office based in Edinburgh.
As a solution finder & an individual who is genuinely excited about technology, you will be joining an established small company working on the next version of their successful Windows Desktop and Web applications. The role will involve working closely with all areas of the company to ensure testing is accurate and appropriate. The role will also involve creation of draft user guides and communications, so a strong grasp of English is essential.
* Reviewing requirements documents
* Creating test plans for existing and new developments
* Expanding test data pack
* Working alongside developers on testing new developments
* Assisting in the creation of user documentation
* Working with colleagues in the company to ensure requirements, testing, and documentation is accurate and appropriate
* Writing .net (C#, NUnit) code and UI tests
* Standard and Regressions testing
Key Skills and Experience:
* Knowledge of C#, NUnit /xUnit/MSTest, WinForms, ASP/MVC, Git
* Ideally knowledge of MS UI Automation and Selenium/similar
* Experience of Continuous Integration systems
* Proven experience of working in a software testing environment using and development automated test routines
* Strong attention to detail and the desire to strive for nothing short of the best
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment, working as part of a team with minimal supervision
* Good organisation skills and comfortable working against challenging timescales
* The candidate will take ownership of all duties assigned and approach their work with a bright and creative manner
* As a team player the candidate will be creative and have a willingness to contribute as well as work independently and on their own initiative where required
Please apply for the role ONLY if you meet the following criteria:
* You have a valid Visa to work in the EU
* You currently live within commuting distance of Edinburgh (or plan to relocate).
* You can demonstrate relevant experience in a testing role
* You are looking for an opportunity to be recognised and want to make a real difference working in a small team within a specialist niche SME
This role is office based in Edinburgh.
Please do not apply for this role if you do not live within commute distance from Edinburgh.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Testing Analyst, Software Testing Engineer, Testing Technician, Software Testing Technician, Tester, Software Test, Senior Software Tester, Software Test Engineer, Software Test Analyst, Software Quality Engineer, QA Engineer, Software Development Engineer, Software Development Tester, Software Testing Consultant will also be considered for this role.