£50000 - £60000
DOE Plus Benefits
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Solihull, West Midlands
£50K - £60K DOE + Extensive Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Our team is growing, so we are on the lookout for a Principal Consultant based in our Solihull office. The Principal Consultant sits within our Specialist Business Unit, working within a team of 3 employees.
The purpose of the Principal Consultant will be -
To provide leadership and ownership of projects for clients, planning and managing business consultancy tasks and activities on the projects, ensuring estimates and quality measures are in place.
We’d like to meet a Principal Consultant with -
- Analysis and consultancy skills in a previous role. Experience of leading Developers and Testers to the best conclusion for clients.
- Someone with experience in the financial advice market who understands the challenges of existing customers and new customers.
- The ability to investigate work to determine business requirements and make this an effective business process.
- Produce models in support of business strategy and be able to produce bespoke models with unusual contexts.
As the Principal Consultant, your responsibilities and accountabilities include -
- Own the business solutions for SSP Clients and be the owner of the scope of client projects.
- Be the trusted advisor for the client for each project scope and SSP software.
- Gather information and analyse the requirements into readable business and project documents.
- Understand and apply business consultancy for a project life cycle e.g. Client proposal and GAP analysis.
- Be able to provide software implementation and training expertise for client’s deployments.
- Formally be able to present progress data to all stakeholders, including Senior SSP Management. Be the link between client’s developers and any other 3rd parties.
- Manage, coach and guide other members of the team and ensure quality deliverables and outcomes.
- Facilitate GAP analysis workshops to prospective clients.
- Lead triage for functional defects.
- Ability to travel to client sites a couple of times each month.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible approach to work life balance.
- Free shuttle bus service from Birmingham International Train Station for commuters.
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance.
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days and gym memberships, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more.
We have a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and captures the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
Respect - Ownership - Collaboration - Innovation - Energy
Who are we?
We are a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry and we are changing to innovate our technology. We are recognised globally and we have an employee base who enjoy working here.
Want to be part of the journey? SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs and we engage our workforce globally via Yammer, share ideas with the senior management team, and use Skype so we can communicate with ease and of course provide the work life balance to keep our employees benefitting from having to juggle life at home.
We are just off the M42 at the Birmingham Business Park - close to public transport links (we offer a shuttle coach for SSP Employees from Birmingham Intl. Train Station) and we have free parking onsite if you drive in.
If you want to be part of this exciting journey and you want to have a discussion on what we can offer, get in contact with us or apply with your CV so we can review your experience and contact you directly.
To apply for the role of Principal Consultant, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Principal Consultant, Lead Insurance Consultant, Senior Insurance Consultant, Insurance Manager, Business Consultant, Senior Broker, Senior Business Analyst, Business Change Manager, Technical Project Manager, Project Manager.