Senior IT Support Engineer
City Of London
£28000 - £32000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Senior IT Support Engineer
Location: Central London (The Strand)
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (Monday - Friday)
The Company provides all the IT services of a dedicated IT department who work either onsite or remotely. Company's IT consultants bring added value to their clients' business demands by providing industry-specific advice and insights. The Company helps their clients with tailored, cost effective IT services that address specific network, server, workstation, security or software needs.
There's now a fantastic opportunity for a technical support engineer to join the team. The candidate must have a solid base knowledge of IT Systems and Networking as you will find yourself involved in a wide range of technical support.
* Helpdesk and incident management providing onsite and remote support
* PC and server configuration
* Firewall configuration and troubleshooting
* Daily system checks including backup monitoring and reporting
The Successful Candidate will have /be:
* At least 2 years' practical experience in the IT industry
* Excellent communication skills
* Fluent in English
* The ability to organise and prioritise own workload with a logical, methodical approach
* The ability to enter data accurately into a reporting system
* Customer care skills
* The ability to work accurately under pressure
* An interest in learning and growing your own skill set
* Reliable, punctual and have a good work record
* Effective team player with the ability to work as part of a small team
* Eligible to live and work in the UK
* The ability to multi-task several jobs concurrently
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
* Windows Server 2008 and above
* PC repair and systems knowledge
* Microsoft O365 & Office software packages
* Active Directory
* Terminal Servers
* Desktop Support for Windows and Mac
* OS Printers Mobile devices (iPad, tablets & phones)
* Experienced in using backup software Azure and Datto
* Centralised Anti-Virus software - Sophos preferably
* Good knowledge of Networking and networking protocols including TCP/IP
* Experience and good knowledge of networking - using switches, routers, Wi-Fi devices, network cabling and infrastructure (essential)
* Knowledgeable with Cisco ASA5506 Firewalls and other Cisco products
Please note: due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position and so candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Senior IT Technical Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, Senior IT Engineer, Systems Administrator, Systems Support, 2nd and 3rd Line Support Engineer, Senior Network Support, Server Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Senior IT Service Desk Technician, Software Engineer, Senior Helpdesk Support Technician, SQL, Oracle and Fault Desk Engineer may also be considered for this role.