Solution Design Manager
€500 per day
March 2019 - December 2019
The Solution Design team is responsible for co-coordinating the technical design for each Infrastructure request for all business areas. The candidate will be required to provide technical guidance to both clients and project teams to ensure alignment with the existing data centre standards, strategies and compliance with the Technology Roadmap.
As well as consulting with the individual infrastructure groups within the company to ensure operational supportability and acceptance for all new projects.
Solution Designers look forward to align projects with the key strategic deliverables.
Solution Designers drive architectures that utilize managed service platform, and when appropriate design bespoken solutions that meet all the current and anticipated future IT requirements of the organization.
The key objectives of this role are as follows:
• Working within a global infrastructure team, you will be involved in the review of infrastructure designs for multiple business groups and projects.
• You will be expected to familiarize yourself with the current systems and Data Centre strategies.
• A key part of this role is being able to understand the project’s requirement from the provided architecture documentation, gather the operational requirements and detail how the solution will be deployed within the data centre, highlighting any impact to operations and standards. Each design should demonstrate how the proposed infrastructure is fit for purpose based upon these requirements.
Review and assist clients as necessary for each submission including the following activities:
• Provide technical application and infrastructure guidance for projects, ensuring alignment and with the existing data centre standards
• Working with the development and projects teams to gather an application development project’s operational and infrastructure requirement
• The review of logical application architectures, map these to known logical and physical infrastructure standards to create an End-to-End design that meets business and operational requirements
• Evaluation of different options and opportunities to leverage shared environments and virtualization by using in-house managed services
• Ensure compliance with the Technology Roadmap for each project
• Support team members as necessary in designing appropriate infrastructure solutions
• Liaise with business lines and individual technical groups of all corporate levels to own and resolve issues related to a project’s technical design
• Ensure that all required requests appropriately document the proposed solutions
• Ensure technical design documentation remains up-to-date
• Ensure that all projects are efficiently governed utilizing the appropriate standards, plans, methods and processes.
• Driving continuous improvement using client feedback
Essential Professional and Technical Skills:
• Excellent communication skills required (written & verbal)
• Experience in managing technical and business relationships
• Strong analysis, problem solving and decision making
• Self-discipline and works well within a team or individually
• Willing to accept/take responsibility and problem ownership
• Broad knowledge of the operational and technical architectures within the company and of suppliers where appropriate
• Ability to provide direction and vision both within and outside area of responsibility
• Strong influencing, negotiation and team building skills and the ability to influence outside scope of responsibility
• Network technologies for implementation of connectivity with third parties
• Certified knowledge/experience in administrating UNIX-like operating systems
Preferable Technical Skills:
Awareness and previous Design experience of following is required and in-depth knowledge or experience within them would be advantageous:
• UNIX/LINUX Platform, including Apache/J2EE applications
• Wintel Platform, including IIS/.NET applications
• Virtualization (such as VMware, Solaris Containers)
• Database Architectures (such as SQL Server or Oracle)
• SAN Technologies (including Disaster Recovery solutions)
• Clustering (Such as MSCS, VCS)
• Network Infrastructure design and policies
• Middleware Technologies
• Reporting knowledge (such as SAP Business Objects)
Education / Qualifications:
• ITIL Foundation Certificate
• PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate
• TOGAF Foundation (or comparable)