Senior Business Intelligence Developer - Insurance Sector
City of London
£80,000 - £90,000
Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Insurance Industry Experience Essential
Reporting to the Head of MRSG Reporting, the objective of this role is to create and maintain the Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions. This includes, but is not limited to, Data Warehouses, Data Marts, Reporting Services reports, ETL, Power BI, Data Lake and Qlikview dashboards.
The candidate should have a solid background in data and business analysis and be an excellent communicator.
Example project related BI work: IFRS17, Solvency II, IDC Warehouse, utilization of the Data Lake
* Relevant experience in supporting an SQL server-based warehouse and developing MI reports, including significant experience (7 years +) of MS SQL Server BI suite (SQL RDMS, SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), preferably across multiple databases.
* Experience of using source control within a team of developers is essential.
* Strong business and analytical skills to thoroughly understand the user reporting requirements across business domains (end2end).
* Excellent communication, organisational and planning skills to ensure that all areas of the role are performed in a timely and professional manner, involving the users where necessary.
* Demonstrable ability and track record of having performed a similar role in the Insurance sector and ideally, specifically, within the Lloyds Insurance market.
* Understanding of the Insurance lifecycle
* Experience with, and understanding of, Financial Accounting systems (ledgers, double entry book-keeping) is highly desirable.
* Provide input into the development and refinement of the MRSG Data Management strategy
* Lead BI implementations according to MRSG change control and project management procedures
* Maintain an ongoing awareness of technologies within the BI field and liaise with solution and enterprise architects regarding BI strategies
Implementation, Support & Operations
* Respond to incidents raised against the Data Warehouse, MI reports, related overnight processes and other BI related areas
* Implement change requests and projects related to the existing BI suite, owning projects from design to implementation
* Consult the business in how to use the Data Warehouse and its information (self service)
* Maintain live, pre-prod and UAT deployment environments
* Maintain the warehouse 'overnight' processing job
* Work with the wider IT team to ensure a continuous high level of systems availability and performance
* Fault finding and error correction
* MI Report Writing and development
* Support of the period end processing
* Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
Design & Development
* Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability in alignment with Enterprise Architecture, including ROI.
* Translate business needs to technical specifications
* Design, build and deploy new BI solutions, and collaborate with other teams to integrate systems
* Develop and update technical documentation
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply or find out more information regarding the role please click apply and send over your up to date CV to Emily Gandy at Experis.