Senior Full Stack Web Developer
depending on experience
depending on experience
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Remote working options but must be based in UK.
Owned by the original Smiley Company', we are a non-profit, Community Interest Company (CIC)
and ‘Matchmaker for Good’- providing an innovative social network and impact-driven events that
tackle big issues in society by connecting people and organisations with the ability to solve problems
with others that need solutions. We’re part of a leading social enterprise group in Europe, employing
15,000 staff and a turnover of $900 million, and have been creating social innovation since 2013.
Our vision is a world where people, communities and organisations work hand-in-hand to find
answers to current social and environmental problems. Our mission is to empower communities
around the world to act on issues important to them by means of our technology and events.
Following organic growth in France reaching over 130,000 members to date, we have undergone a
brand refresh and developed a new website launched in the UK and France in November 2018, due
to launch in target EU cities and North America in early 2019.
We're looking for a talented and experienced Full Stack Web Developer to join our growing team team and support our expansion by taking ownership of the Technical strategy, manage all web/ app -related operations, lead technical discussions with partners and implement signed off customisations, database management and management of integration with third party sites (e.g. recruitment and crowdfunding sites) and undertake routine maintenance and software upgrades. You will also be required to find and fix issues, build new platform functionality and stay up to date with the latest tech advancements to ensure longevity of the platform. In your role of Full Stack Web Developer, you will report to the Head of Marketing and Events and work closely with the Head of Global Partnerships to understand
our goals and ambitions of becoming a leading-edge social network and matchmaking site that offering a seamless, engaging and intuitive user experience, with minimal down time and maximum security. You will be responsible for the project management of our new digital platform and will collaborate with multiple third-party stakeholders to ensure customisations are deployed smoothly, on time, within budget and in line with our partners’ expectations.
- Flexible, dynamic, solution focused, and happy to work as part of a small team.
- Meet challenges head on and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Take ownership of the role and make a positive personal impact on our organisation.
- Approachable, dependable, highly motivated with a positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels and keep team members abreast of status and technical challenges you are facing.
- Methodical and solution focused with a keen eye for detail
- Personable and can work effectively with remote teams via collaboration tools (Skype, GoToMeeting), phone and email.
Laravel & WordPress experience is essential for this role, as well as:
Solid Front-end skills including:
- HTML and Laravel Blade
- CSS / SASS (.scss) with BEM standards
- JS and specifically ES6
- Bootstrap 4
Solid PHP skills including:
- In depth knowledge of Laravel
- In depth knowledge of building API’s
- In depth knowledge of WordPress including bespoke plugin development
- OOP knowledge including use of Classes, Traits, Interfaces, Statics and Finals
- Compliant to PSR-1 and 2 coding standards
Command line skills including:
- GIT version control
- Laravel Artisan
- Heroku deployment
- SSH knowledge
Knowledge of deployment, servers and other services:
- Redis & Github
Background/ Professional Experience
- Technical degree or equivalent
- 5+ years hands-on web development experience
- Experience managing challenging situations and can demonstrate creativity and
innovation when delivering outcomes.
- Hands-on experience with a wide range of modern front-end and back-end
technologies, CMS’s, frameworks, libraries, architectures and social media platforms
- Expert project managing API systems integration with third party sites, JSON/XML and
web services with a solid understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience tracking and analysing user data and developing strategies for improved
- Technical PM experience, using online PM tools for monitoring and maximising efficiency
- Plan development and technical activity to align with project timelines, identifying and
resolving resource and/ or scheduling conflicts as needed
- Pro-actively contribute to all stages of the project life cycle: initial analysis of client
requirements, estimation, specification, architecture, implementation, integration,
quality assurance, deployment, maintenance, support and communication
- Experience acting as technical support both at the application and infrastructure
(hosting) level and experience of good software engineering principles
- Solid understanding of web-related security and data protection issues and best
- Experience delivering at pace, under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Keep up-to-date with trends in technology to evaluate and identify new opportunities,
integrations and solutions based on our technical capabilities, determining how they can
best be used to achieve our business objectives
- Ensure our digital solutions (website and app) are fully supported by the appropriate
architectures, systems and standards
- Collaborate with agency partners and internal teams to manage a production-ready,
performant, robust and secure web hosting platform suitable for client applications
- Work closely internally and with external agencies to provide technical guidance, set
standards and support innovation
- Be prepared to adopt and/or outsource new technologies to ensure deadlines are met
- Identify technical challenges and offer industry standard best practice solutions to these
- 25 days annual leave allowance in addition to public holidays
- Enrolment in private health scheme
If this sounds like you, click APPLY now!