Junior IT Support Technician / IT Helpdesk Engineer
£20000 - £22000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Junior IT Support Technician
Location: London, EC3A 6AB
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 pa
Job Type: Full Time (7am-4pm, 4pm-10pm, 10pm - 7 am - rotating shifts), Permanent
The Company was formed in 2016 and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Their values sit at the very heart of their commitment to provide the best valued service across the globe. They aim to build an excellent reputation whilst delivering a professional client service that is not only fair and open but one that is second to none.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Junior IT Support Technician to join the team in London providing generalist IT support to users relating to company infrastructure and network security. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is willing to learn and develop their skills in a financial services industry.
* To support users using company infrastructure on Mobile Devices/Desktops/Laptops
* To Manage WIFI networks/users
* To assist with the installation and configuration of the new IT equipment
* To ensure IT policies and procedures are adhered to by the users
* To provide remote and hands on support to internal staff
* To administer purchases and set up of new hardware
* To manage permissions and maintain office computers
* Provide Ad-Hoc Support to the Senior Staff
* To deal with internal IT Issues i.e. VPN, Desktop Performance
* To create and maintain Asset Register
* To configure/Maintain/Repair Desktop Computers, printers & telephones
* To maintain conference room equipment
* To assist with any other IT related queries
Skills & Qualifications:
* Minimum 1 year of experience or holds a relevant qualification
* Must be flexible working shifts (Day and Night)
* Must be willing to learn and be hands-on individual with desire to take on various projects/tasks
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to quickly develop interpersonal relationships at all levels whilst maintaining professional approach
* A good knowledge and hands on experience with Microsoft Office, Windows 10/7 and Windows Server 2012/2016, Linux is desirable
* A degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is desirable but not essential.
* Industry relevant experience, knowledge of trading systems i.e. MT4, Bridges, LP's, etc. are highly desirable
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: 1st Line Technical Support, IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, Desktop Support, 1st Line Support and IT Systems Support may be considered for this role.