IT Service Desk Engineer
£25000 - £32000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Did you want to work for a rapidly expanding IT Business in Bath?
Due to the company's continued growth within domestic and international markets, they are looking for you to join their prestigious Service Desk function. Where your Linux experience would be a fantastic match for their forever growing Technical Operations Team.
Your work will contribute towards the company's 24 hours operation, monitoring, maintaining, supporting and deploying unique cloud and virtualised infrastructure. Linux
This is a shift based role, which will join our 24 x 7 shift pattern.
Other responsibilities include;
* Answering emails, calls and online chat.
* Creating a record of each customer problem and spot trends when applicable.
* Deliver technical IT support as required to a diverse client base.
* Monitoring live customers software and infrastructure, troubleshooting and escalating issues.
* Management of Linux & Windows server operating systems.
* Patching and updating the operating systems and software.
Skills & Experience;
* Linux Ubuntu Operating systems, other flavours of Linux will be of interest - Debian, Red Hat/Redhat or Centos.
* Exposure to Virtualisation (ideally Xen, alternatively advanced knowledge of others such as VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V etc.).
* Played around with Shell scripting (ideally BASH, or Python, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell etc.).
* Exposure of resilient and redundant file systems (ideally ZFS and DRBD, alternatively advanced knowledge of similar such as btrfs, LVM, RAID, CEPH, clustering solutions etc.).
If you wanted to apply your Linux based skills within a virtualised environment, then please contact Computer Futures directly.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales