Head of IT - London
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Head of IT
The Head of IT is a key part of the leadership team, responsible for the on-going success of the division. Working with the Chief Operating Officer team to help shape the business strategy, as they take step in the business growth. The Head of IT is subsequently responsible for ensuring the technology capability underpins the business strategy.
The Head of IT will need to work closely with the COO and C Suite to create and drive a technology strategy that aligns to the business strategy.
An innovative "start-up" within the insurance sector, providing autonomy and ability to impact the business through technology and drive change,
The Head of IT is responsible for a large team of technologists; internal, matrixed, and outsourced. The successful candidate needs to find the right balance between internal capabilities and external, insourcing and upskilling where appropriate, as well as outsourcing where required.
They will be responsible for maturing the capabilities across the development and operations lifecycle, including culture.
* Define the strategic technical approach to meet the needs of the business.
* To empower teams to deliver, in line with the strategic goals of the business.
* To lead, motivate and manage the Insurance & Assistance Technology team to support the division with robust business systems.
* Drive the Technology elements of the Insurance & Assistance annual strategy, planning and budgetary process.
* Develop strategies and roadmaps for business systems within Insurance & Assistance to deliver sustainable long term benefits including reuse and removal of complexity and duplication.
* Agrees and manages the technology budget for the division
* To put in place a technology change function to continue to build on Strategic Platform as future Insurance & Assistance business goals evolve.
Skills and Experience:
* The role requires an experienced IT leader with a strong technical background, who is capable of developing and building strong teams to deliver great results.
* Able to embrace and drive change within a transforming business.
* A leader who can lead extremely talented people and enhance existing teams
* An understanding of Java Development is likely to be a need.
* Agile experience would be a big advantage
* Understands the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions such as Product and Platform teams supplying services.
* Knows how to make and sustain a business case through effective benefits management, and demonstrates the ability to make, and take responsibility for, adventurous and innovative decisions on major technical and service delivery issues.