Search and Select Limited
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our client seeks a Business Analyst - IT & Change
To review, understand and document business processes making sure solutions are aligned with the business strategy, goals and objectives and to ensure the effective application of technology to business problems and opportunities.
Work closely with the various business units across the group to capture business system objectives, evaluate the business case and define system requirements. In addition, work with the Software Development team and third party providers of software to assist with the detailed design, testing and implementation phases of development and maintenance projects.
Main or key responsibilities
- Reviewing, understanding and documenting business processes, ensuring all technology solutions are aligned with workflows and that those workflows are optimised
- Acting as a business partner/key relationship lead for the various business units across the group to capture objectives, evaluate the business case and define system requirements
- Defining the business problem or the opportunity and contributing to the development of the business case
- Ensuring proposed software developments/solutions meet business requirements
- Representing various business units from the project development team to ensure solutions meet business and system needs
- Developing Microsoft Dynamics/Touchstone NAV platform reports in conjunction with the development team
- Striving to standardise and introduce economies of repetition/repeatable processes
- Running user acceptance testing, ensuring the functional and business requirements are met
- Providing training and post implementation support to all affected areas
- Essential experience and qualifications
- Demonstrated experience within a business analyst/change management environment within the financial services sector
- Strong analytical reasoning ability
- Proven capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgement and assertiveness across multiple business units/functions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills to large groups
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office products
- Experienced in operating under a formal methodology such as PRINCE2, ISEB / ISTQB, etc.
- Compliance with data protection regulations and cyber/information security policies
Desirable experience and qualifications:
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics/Touchstone NAV platform
- Knowledge of developing NAV system generated reports