Search and Select Limited
Isle of Man
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our client seeks a 2nd and 3rd Line Support Engineer.
Role Description - 2nd and 3rd line helpdesk support role which is pivotal in bringing together implementation and support teams. The successful candidate will have ownership and management of multiple cloud infrastructures and maintain close relationships with a number of Fortune 500 and FTSE 250 customers. Must be able to learn new skills and technology quickly.
- Competent VMware vSphere - Experience up to latest v6.5
- Understanding of core MS products, AD, DNS, DFS
- Strong backup and recovery skills.
- Proven ability and comfortable working with 3rd party vendors - Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, Dell EMC
- Storage technologies including SAN, NAS, VSAN
- Excellent interpersonal skills such as: communication skills, active listening and customer care with the ability to communicate at all levels with customers
- Diagnosis skills of Technical issues with at least 3 years’ experience
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changes quickly
- Have achieved VMware Certified Professional 6.x (DCV) or other track
- Awareness of Converged / HyperConverged Architecture
- Awareness of VMware products including, vSphere Replication, Horizon, SRM
- Awareness of Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp/Netscaler
- Awareness of F5 Big-IP
- Backup skills (Veeam, Backup Exec, Avamar, Networker, DataDomain)
- Dell EMC Storage
- Dell EMC Compute
- Cisco UCS Compute
- Cisco (Catalyst, Nexus and Meraki)
- Hyper-V, SCOM, SCVMM
- Zerto and/or other similar replication DR technology
- Service provider experience
- ITIL Foundation