Network Planning Engineer (French Speaking)
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Role: Network Planning Engineer (French Speaking)
Duration: 12 Months
Communicates with front line employees, management and in rare cases, upper level management effectively, professionally and proactively. Typically, interacts with Network Planners, Field Services, Network Operations Centre, Service Delivery, Change Management, Product Management and Sales.
Under limited supervision, responsible for the deployment of all Outside Plant (OSP) telecommunication related capacity and equipment that is deemed necessary by the Network Planning & Implementation organization (Fibre Planning & Implementation) and manages efficient and timely deployment of fiber optic cable and related equipment. Works independently under minimal supervision. Performs a wide spectrum of simple to difficult assignments requiring alternative analysis, innovation and judgment. Assumes all routine tasks for major or multiple projects and is periodically called upon to make independent decisions. Has strong internal and external networking skills. May act as a project/team lead and mentor others.
~Applies knowledge of the telecommunications industry, specifically related to the physical fiber layer and equipment supporting fiber connectivity for the deployment of telecommunication related capacity.
~ Applies moderate discretion to make decisions outside of guidelines on utilization of fiber capacity within projects.
~ Coordinates with other groups regarding any deviation required on project.
~ Manages complex small, medium and large scope projects from beginning to end and ensures goals, dates, and timelines are met.
~ Evaluates and recommends solutions from several options that impact OPEX and capital resources.
~ Functions as team/project lead for internal teams with ability to coordinate project tasks and may mentor others.
~ Defines solutions after identification of problems on complex systems.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of telecommunications metro network architecture/design for OSP planning.
- Familiarity with domestic network infrastructure provider networks.
- Ability to work in cross-functional development organization with financial analysts, engineers, project managers, field operations personnel and others.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and written/verbal communication skills.
- Proven creative problem solver.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis using Microsoft Office, bespoke inventory systems as well as a variety of mapping programs
Positive and professional attitude, appearance and demeanour
- Ability to work well with team members and the ability to take direction/requests from multiple sources.
- Ability to thrive while accepting changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to proactively manage issues and drive resolution without receiving direction from peers/management.
- Need to have knowledge of the processes and systems that are used on a daily basis within the team. A: Knowledge/Experience with Level 3 systems is a plus (Nx, TNE, NetBuild, 3D, OMC, Remedy, Granite and CNI Environments, etc). B: *Familiarity and pre-existing relationships with NOC, Field Operations and *Change Management organizations.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance or call Sam Caine on 0161 924 1357