£43,000 - £52,000
Lewes, East Sussex
Our client is looking for a hands-on Test Manager for their location in Sussex, where they develop advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) for highly automated driving and self-driving cars.
The successful Test Manager will take responsibility for function testing on one or more customer projects, analysing requirements for testability, eliciting test requirements, developing, co-ordinating and executing test plans in collaboration with colleagues across our client’s global engineering organisation.
Liaising closely with machine vision algorithms engineers, and the test team, the Test Manager will analyse test results and report system performance and defect levels to drive the required levels of product quality within project timescales.
This role would suit somebody with a background in either software or systems level testing. An interest in quantitative, statistical, or data intensive systems would also be valuable, as would a willingness to help build up our client’s test and product development capability in this highly interesting, innovative and challenging area.
As the Testing Manager, your main tasks will involve:
- Requirements elicitation and analysis for function test, data capture and tools development.
- Acting as primary contact (internal and external) for function test on speci?c customer projects.
- Planning and scheduling test activities in accordance with project timescales.
- Writing and maintenance of test documents in accordance with company engineering processes.
- Generation of test reports; co-ordination and dissemination of test results and performance analyses across the global engineering team.
- Development and integration of test methods and tools as required.
- Quantitative knowledge and aptitude as evidenced, for example, by a sound undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a scienti?c or engineering subject is essential.
- Experience of software test or systems test is essential, ideally gained in an automotive, aerospace or embedded product development environment.
- Experience working in and supporting a globally distributed development team is valued, but not essential.
- Experience with embedded or numerical/scienti?c software development is valued, but is not essential.
- Knowledge of statistics and the scienti?c method is valued, but is not essential.
- Fluent English language speaking and comprehension skills are essential. German language skills are also valued.
What our client o?ers
Pension Scheme, Private Health Care, Performance Bonus, Flexible Working
Salary: (depending on skills and experience) £43,000 - £52,000
The Chassis & Safety division develops, produces and markets intelligent systems to improve driving safety and vehicle dynamics. The direction for the division is clear: The future of mobility leads to automated driving. Integrated active and passive safety technologies and products that support vehicle dynamics provide greater safety, comfort and convenience. They create an excellent foundation for working together to achieve the goal of accident-free driving (Vision Zero).
To apply for the role of Test Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Test Manager, Software Test Manager, QA Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Systems Test Manager, Senior Software Tester, Senior Systems Tester, IT.