Application Management Services Analyst
||£200 - £225
Application Management Services Analyst
Application Management Services Analyst who reports to the Application Support Manager, this role provides the second level support service for retailer and business applications and requires a technical and business understanding, communication and analytical skills and familiarity with the retailer network across all brands.
The main purpose of this role is to drive powerful IT Support through to increase positive brand perceptions, meaning and loyalty with our customers and users in line with defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Rate: £200.00-225.00 per day
Duration: 12 months
Location: Milton Keynes
* Translate complex business and technical issues into understandable concepts for all audiences.
* Competently support business critical applications, independently and within the team.
* Undertake relationship management with stakeholders, resolving issues where there are differences of opinion.
* Maintain and update systems knowledge across all applications.
* Provide specialist second level support knowledge for SAP, Local Business, Business Objects and Web applications.
* Resolve unplanned interruptions of service to customers within agreed timescales.
* Ensure that incident status communications are accurate and delivered in a timely fashion to all relevant parties.
* Provide a point of contact in relation to high severity incidents. Escalate where necessary to the Application Support Manager and Application Management Services Manager.
* Provide support to the Application Management Services Manager and Service Desk Manager in assisting with rota updates, mentoring of Service Desk colleagues.
* Support Change Management colleagues during releases, including first hand support on release weekends, to ensure the availability of core business applications.
* Participation in Early Life Support meetings.
* Take ownership of incidents and ensure correct alignment of incident severity, including communication to the business.
* Participate in handover from Project to Business as Usual of new and existing applications.
* Working closely with colleagues to create new processes and knowledge base documentation to support the project handover.
* Complete Full System Data uploads on a monthly basis and also ad hoc incremental data files. These need to be cleansed, loaded into a test environment, data verified and then loaded in the Live Production Point of Sale System.
* Resolve incidents within agreed SLA in a timely manner, communicating the status of problems and if applicable transfer the incident to third line support.
* Responsible for proactive monitoring of applications and event management, to enable early diagnosis and resolution of service issues, to reduce their potential impact.
* Engage with colleagues to identify, plan and deliver proactive application maintenance, in order to prevent unplanned disruption by quality issues.
* Collaborate with colleagues and partners in the UK, Ireland and HQ to ensure that Service Management related standards are being measured through KPIs and metrics.
* Continuous service improvements - proactively identify, assess and deliver of opportunities to improve stability and performance. Engage with IT colleagues and partners to enable this and ensure that the full service scope is included (e.g. backup, archiving, housekeeping, health checks, job management and system administration).
* Ensure continuous compliance monitoring & reporting of IT services & processes.
* Root cause analysis and management of Problem Management tickets ensuring that these are addressed as per prioritisation.
Principal Contacts / Working Relationships:
* Internal UK IT functions, Release, Deployment, Testing, Development, Incident Management, and Service Desk. Negotiation and co-ordination of delivery of technical resolutions/fixes.
* HQ and third party IT functions, e.g. technical assignment groups, IT operations. To ensure proactive management and timely delivery of fixes, to minimise business disruption.
* Customer Operations, Fleet, Business Transformation, etc. To support timely restoration to operation of services and sustainable fixes to reduce business disruption.
Education, Training and Experience:
* Extensive knowledge and experience in a technical support role.
* Proven experience in technical support of SAP, BI, Local Business and Web applications.
* Proven experience as an Application Support Analyst with financial services experience.
* Frameworks - e.g. ITIL foundation, COBIT, FCA.
* Educated to degree level in a Computing discipline, or equivalent experience.
* SQL Knowledge, ability to create, and run queries against database tables.
* Previous experience in Financial Services, Automotive Finance or retail consumer finance (B2C).
* Verbal and written German language skills are advantageous