Summary of the Role
As a Solution Architect, you will be a key player in optimising and designing our client-facing software solutions. In doing so, you will also be an influential contributor driving change both internally and with our customer base. Your experience, passion and confidence in the field will be quite apparent and will retain the strong client confidence in our vision and value proposition.
Whether dealing with technical teams or business stakeholders your ability to moderate your message accordingly and lead through expertise and dynamism will enhance our already market leading offerings. With our continual support for this key role, your inner drive and desire to be a leader in your field will keep you on the leading edge.
- Make a significant contribution toward architecture efforts to progress combined offerings to a production state and deliver solutions to clients. As required, be involved with client Technical and Security teams performing due diligence and reviews of our applications.
- Improve the architecture, deployment and operations practices within the solutions team to introduce and adopt industry standards for many topics including automation, compliance and reporting.
- Be a Technical Authority in Solution Design and Integration and take a leadership role in the education and use of these fields.
- Work with key members of the development and production leadership teams to be able to effectively prioritise combined solutions and interoperability in the development of new and existing products.
- Undertake research and development into technologies, tools and processes to drive innovative solutions for combined solutions and to assist with expanding the complex solutions offering
- Investigate and prototype combined solutions for other software products that could be added to the consulting and sales catalogue in the future and feed this new integration back to the appropriate development teams. Work with these development teams to help understand principles and best solutions to ensure their products are optimised for the cloud and work smoothly together.
- Provide pre-sales support for combined solutions and be instrumental in understanding the client’s needs and translating that to accurate direction for developers within a project.
- Relevant employment experience in solution architecture
- Strong client-facing communication/consulting skills
- Experience of working cross-functionally with cross-organizational teams
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritise workload effectively and thrive in a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience in gathering business requirements and translating them into functional design specifications, preferably in an Agile environment
- Strong experience of Microsoft Azure cloud computing
- Experience with connectivity to both the Java and .NET layers
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to understand complex IT architectures
- Willingness to travel globally and ability to work in the EU without restriction.
- Experience with a scripting language (Batch, VBA, PowerShell and/or Perl).
- Worked with an agile development environment
- Experience in working with high performance or distributed computing
- Experience in Remote Desktop, Citrix or other presentation solutions
- Core Microsoft, Azure, or other key IT certifications.
- Language skills including German, French, Italian or Spanish
- Architectural design skills - TOGAF, BPML, UML, Zachman
- Active Directory, Federated Identity, Cloud Security
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.