Software Security Engineer (Permanent)
IT Connections Ltd
£55000 - £65000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Software Security Engineer required to join a fast growing organisation with global offices and clients. You will join an InfoSec team to analyse software designs and implementations from a security perspective and identify and resolve security issues. You will also plan, implement and maintain the DevSecOps practices, and contribute to analysis to develop robust and reliable software.
This Software Security Engineer role, will work alongside the Chief Technical architect and InfoSec Team. You will also work with Developers, Business Analysts and other colleagues to develop a secure Software Development lifecycle. You will review and respond to penetration tests, audit code, and review requirements and design documents to ensure they meet the security standards.
Other skills and experience includes -
• . Ability to accurately scope software security technology requirements and objectives.
• Knowledge of, or hands-on experience with security technologies such as: NGFW, VPN, IPS/BDS, vulnerability management, WAF, DDoS mitigation, PKI, key management, IDAM, DLP, UEBA, SIEM, endpoint security, threat intelligence.
• Must have familiarity with DevSecOps practices and integrating security into the development pipeline.
• Excellent understanding of OWASP top 10 software development principles, covering both attack and defence techniques.
• Good understanding of the Application Security Verification Standard (ASVS) to level 3 recommendations.
• Familiarity of single sign on solutions.
• In-depth understanding of cryptographic principles such as bulk encryption, asymmetric encryption, hashing, key exchange mechanisms, message authentication schemes and digital signatures.
• Sound understanding of transport layer security technologies and configuration best practices.
• Good understanding of multi-factor authentication methods and how they can be applied to core products and services.
• Proficient in Java development.
Desirable technical skills
• Industry recognized certifications for such as CISSP, CEH, CCSE, CCSP.
• Familiarity with one of more of the following Security Architecture standards: SABSA, TOGAF, NIST, ISO 27002.
Desirable Certifications or equivalent experience
• Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
• CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker.
• OSCP / CEPT / GPEN / CISSP / CPT.
This Software Security Engineer role is based in Milton Keynes, close to the M1 and easily commutable from Northampton, Luton and Bedford. Free onsite parking is available along with some opportunity to work from home. This is a fantastic role for a Software Security Engineer to develop their career and contribute to a fast growing development team in a well-established company. Software Security Engineer. MK14 6FG