Infrastructure Technical Lead, Up to £50,000, Bolton
Reporting straight into the Head of IT Service Delivery, this role is perfect for an already established Technical Lead, or a Senior Infrastructure Engineer with leadership type skills.
Your role will involve the strategic and tactical management of the infrastructure design, delivery and stability, leading a team of technical engineer and support analysts.
- Strategy and Planning - establish and deliver the IT strategy
- Technical Implementation - Complete hands-on technical implementation of monitoring and systems deployment. Manage, document and approve config of IT systems. Liaise with IT Security Manager to reduce areas of risk
- Service Delivery Management - Be the focal point for incident management. Produce and maintain IT config and procedure documentation
- IT Compliance - design and implement in line with IS controls such as ISO27001, SOX
- Group IT Management - Line management of the infrastructure team
- Budget Management - propose and justify spend of IT projects and equipment
Skills needed for this role:
- Strong background in senior support role
- Leadership, communication, planning and delegation skills
- Application and Infrastructure security architecture and design
- Understanding of a range of security tech such as vulnerability scanning, IDS/IPS, Firewall management, encryption methods
- Strong VMware vSphere (Desirable - VMware Horizon or Citrix)
- Strong Wintel knowledge
- Solid networking (Desirable - Cisco switching, ASA, Fortigate)
- Strong storage (Desirable - Nimble, NetApp)
Other desirable include industry qualifications (VCP, CCNA, MCSE, ITIL)
The Package -
Salary - Up to £50,000 (DOE)
Discretionary performance related bonus, flexi working, time in lieu given for occasional overtime, training and certifications paid for.