Service Desk Manager / IT Support Manager
£18000 - £35000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Service Desk Manager
Location: Potters Bar
Job Type: Full Time
The Company, a fast growing IT/Telephony solutions provider based in Potters Bar, are looking for a Service Desk Manager to lead their technical support team to provide excellent customer service and resolve all technical issues
As a Service Desk manager, you should have a solid technical background combined with customer service and management experience. A problem-solving attitude and an ability to motivate your team to achieve specific goals are essential skills to perform well in this position.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure high quality technical support and increase client satisfaction.
* Manage the service desk team and evaluate performance
* Ensure customer service is timely and accurate on a daily basis
* Work with the CEO and COO to deliver improvements via automation of systems and processes
* Work with the CEO and COO to develop and improve the adoption of new process and ways of working
* Bring best practice ideas achieved in other roles to be discussed and potentially adopted here
* Recruit, train and support service desk representatives and technicians
* Manage the technicians' daily duties and workload ensuring that any helpdesk requests are actioned in line with client Service Level Agreements(SLAs) and monitor that work is performed promptly and correctly
* Ensure that regular tasks such as Anti Virus Checks, Back-Ups Checks, Alerts, Patching etc.
* Provide regular reports on the performance of the Service Desk team in relation to its SLAs and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
* License Management - 365, DaaS etc.
* Set specific customer service standards
* Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints
* Establish best practices through the entire technical support process
* Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement
* Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on help desk team's productivity
* Provide customer feedback to the appropriate internal teams, like product developers
* Proven work experience as a service desk manager
* Hands on experience with help desk and remote control software
* Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
* Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Team management skills
* Over 1 years' experience of managing a team
* High level of literacy/communication skills, capable of independently producing documentation written to a high, professional standard
* Able to build respect and credibility within the team.
* Demonstrate ability to motivate staff, support them to meet their goals and objectives, identify and manage potential issues at an early stage
* Ability to work on own initiative within set boundaries
* An appreciation of the use of ICT in a classroom setting
* Good analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience of supporting and troubleshooting technologies used at the college, including: Windows 10, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Office 2016 DNS, DHCP, Office365
* Organised with effective planning and time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
* Good level of numeracy and literacy
* Be commercially minded
* Have real interest and natural enthusiasm for working within IT
* Be disciplined and consistent in the approach to tasks
* Be solution focused and proactive with a high level of initiative
* Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate to people of a wide range of technical and non-technical backgrounds
* Demonstrate a willingness to undertake further professional training as appropriate
* A desire to aim for a continual improvement
* Current Driving License
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: IT Services Manager, Senior Service Desk Engineer, Senior IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Desk Support, IT Manager, IT Support Technician, IT Trainer, Senior Support Technician, Technical Support Manager, IT Support Engineer, Software Engineer, Technical Support, IT Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Fault Desk, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Support may also be considered for this role.