DevOps Engineer/Senior DevOps Engineer
Manchester, North West
Salary - Up to £80,000 + 10% annual bonus and other benefits
Would you value the chance to work for a business that will allow you to broaden your technical knowledge and increase your industry exposure?
Do you want to work for a business that constantly improves, motivates and reward you for the effort you put in?
If so, this is the role for you! I am currently looking for a number of Senior Java Developers for a global consultancy company in Manchester.The Role
This unique role allows you to carry out work at architecture level while still working hands-on to deliver solutions. Our DevOps people do both!
We truly believe in DevOps culture, Agile, and Lean. Our teams are cross-functional and typically co-located, working collaboratively with our clients, from product inception through to delivery of a live product. As a part of our projects we are frequently required to enable our clients in development of their own internal capability.
In addition to building on your existing skills you will find frequent opportunities to develop in new areas including complementary technologies, consultancy skills and also other technical disciplines.
You will be responsible for architecting, building, maintaining and improving the infrastructure and operational aspects of the project, including continuous integration/deployment environments. This includes ensuring that environments can be mobilised quickly in a repeatable fashion.
While the whole team will contribute you will be the principal point of knowledge for all things relating to infrastructure and automation providing close support to the solution architect and delivery manager. You will also be a point of interaction between our client's operations teams and the project.What you need to bring -
As a business we are not concerned on the specific tooling knowledge, more about your understanding of the core fundamentals.
- Infrastructure - Physical, Virtualized, Containerised
- Cloud Providers - AWS, Azure, GCP, Skyscape
- Configuration management (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack ..)
- Container Tech (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS...)
- Private Cloud (Cloudstack, OpenStack, CloudFoundry...)
- Agile and Lean methodologies.
- Building deployment pipelines using CI/CD tools. (Jenkins, Bamboo, Git, .. )
- Networking principles and practices, e.g. Security Groups, VLANS, Firewalls, TCP/IP.
- Monitoring, metrics, and logging (Logstash, Graylog, Sensu, Graphite, Zabbix, ..)
- OS Tuning and Management - Linux/Unix/BSD and Windows
- Web Technologies - Nginx, Apache, Varnish, HAproxy, IIS
- Vulnerability/threat assessment and management.
- Databases - PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, Mongo, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Redis
- Scripting skills (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Hardware and Data Centres - not all projects are cloud based.
This is your chance to work for a global digital agency that is renowned for the work which they do. Agile is their bread and butter and they have their clients and delivery at the heart of what they do. What's in it for you?
The role is offering an excellent range of £50,000 - £80,000 and has a comprehensive benefits package as well. There is an up to 10% bonus, 6.5% pension, healthcare, dental and paid weekends away!
If you are interested in finding out more then please get in touch with Dave Macpherson at Evolution Recruitment Solutions.