Developer (SC Cleared - Remote Working)
||£400 - £550
Developer, SC Cleared, Remote Working, Defence (Outside IR35)
Our Defence client are seeking a Developer to improve access to historical records. The developer will support the service manager to ensure that our client meets its business objectives for enhancing access to historic military service records via www.gov.uk.
The Developer is required for the Beta phases of the request a service record project. You will be responsible for developing service prototypes, integrating gov.uk/pay and gov.uk/notify and establishing a search tool for record data in line with the Government Digital Service Standard and Government Technology Code of Practice.
The developer will join a team which includes Service Manager, Delivery Manager, Technical Architect, user researcher and Solutions Architect. You will also be expected to work with Subject matter experts from Disclosure Branches, Policy Leads and members of the public including key user groups for example, genealogists.
* Experience working alongside a user researcher and technical architect using user centred design practices to ensure user stories and user research are at the heart of product design.
* Proven ability to design services to meet valid user needs including planning, designing and conducting usability testing of prototypes.
* Proven experience in use of service-based technologies such as SOAP, RESTful APIs, XML messaging and JSON.
* Experience of working using Agile Methodology
* Experience Delivering outputs in line with the Government Digital Service Standard, Government Digital Service Design Manual and Government Technology Code of Practice and assessment process
* Experience of deploying and building web applications on Cloud Foundry using build packs and the CLI.
* Experience of deploying products to meet the needs of assisted digital users to ensure the service is designed to enable maximum digital take up.
* Proven experience of iterative product development based on user needs and stories.
* Understanding of Government Digital Service design principles
* Experience designing services for GOV.UK
* Experience working in multidisciplinary agile teams