IT Assistant / IT Support Technician
£12,842 - £13,797
Job Title: IT Assistant
Location: West Sussex
Salary: Pro-rata £12,842 - £13,797 per annum
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 2pm (25hrs per week)
Closing Date: noon Friday 18th January 2019
The School is a delightful independent standalone prep school of 430 boys and girls aged 2 ½ to 13 set in 260 acres of beautiful Sussex countryside. The tremendous grounds include a Forest School and a School Farm. The school has a proud record of feeding many of the top day and boarding schools in the South East, with a large proportion of leaving students achieving scholarships and awards.
They are now seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and professional IT Assistant to join their team on a part time basis.
Main Purpose of role:
* To assist with the effective running of the IT help desk system at the school.
* To manage and maintain 1st line support duties.
* To support the IT Manager, students, staff & external users in the appropriate use of IT/ICT across the school.
* To provide support to the school in various projects being undertaken to upgrade its IT / ICT capability.
The successful applicant will:
* Have experience of working in an IT support role, ideally in a school environment but not essential
* Have excellent customer service and communication skills
* Have good analytical skills and a systematic and methodical approach to problem solving
* Have up to date knowledge of IT developments
Please click APPLY to be linked to the Careers page.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all of our staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS and to register with the update service
NOTE: You will only be considered for this role if the application form is completed.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of 1st Line Technical Support, IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, Desktop Support, 1st Line Support and IT Systems Support may also be considered for this role.