This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
To be a global market leader in Workplace Management Technology, recognised as benefiting the health, wellbeing and productivity of building users.
SPICA is a specialist IOT (Internet of Things) Solutions Provider that uses a combination of technical assets, hardware (sensor devices), software components, and IOT integration expertise to help businesses capitalize on the opportunity that the Internet of Things represents. SPICA is growing with the direction of new emerging and maturing technology and is aspiring to be a real influencer in the space of IOT helping to shape best practice and corporate governance for our clients within Property Tech.
• Relentless Innovation. Everyone is encouraged to think in new ways for us all to always be moving forward.
• In It Together. Our Job Descriptions are not boundaries of limitation but a spring board for opportunities.
• People Not Number. We pride ourselves on nurturing long-term partnerships and our team is at the heart of everything we do.
• High Performing Culture. Here everyone is a leader striving for self-actualisation at work.
• Work Balance. Working hard is only sustainable when we balance it with family, friends and relaxation.
Your part in it:
• Help us create and grow a first-class Commercial organisation within a rapidly scaling tech start up, working with new and interesting leading-edge technologies and services.
• Demonstrate how excellent Commercial leadership can be a valuable differentiator in an increasingly competitive technology landscape.
• Help us maintain a consistent trajectory of growth, while avoiding obstacles that arise from a constantly shifting market.
• Reporting to the CEO, you will have overall responsibility for delivering against our financial revenue and profit growth targets.
• Setting pricing strategy to balance profit with client satisfaction.
• Accurately forecasting future sales and forming sales plans to adapt to constant shifts in the marketplace.
• Line management responsibility for Sales and Marketing team members.
• Seeking out major new clients and forming close executive relationships within Spica Key Accounts.
• Contract negotiations and proposal writing for complex global enterprise deals, interacting with our legal and finance teams.
• Keeping abreast of new market opportunities; working closely with our product development team to ensure our offerings are aligned to current and future customer needs.
Experience & Qualifications required:
• Demonstrable track record of previous Commercial/Sales Leadership success - backed up with hard numbers (referenceable).
• 5 years+ experience of working in senior management positions.
• Strong background in IT solution selling, esp. SaaS and Managed Services.
• Industry Experience within PropTech, Facilities Management, Corporate Real Estate preferred.
• Undergraduate degree educated, post-graduate / professional degrees preferred.
Personal qualities required:
• Excellent inter-personal skills.
• Target-motivated to achieve bottom line and deadline objectives.
• Strong mentor and coach for direct reports (esp. sales team).
• Practical numbers-oriented mind set.
• Agility to move quickly and respond to change.
• Resilience and perseverance in overcoming challenges.
• Self-motivated in getting what needs doing done.
• Cope well under pressure.
• Thrives in a collaborative, supportive environment with friendly professionals.
What you can expect in return:
• A great opportunity to experience what it takes to scale a thriving IoT business.
• Learning from experts with a wide range of skills and knowledge.
• A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun.
• A chance to merge with Birmingham’s Innovation ecosystem being based out of the Innovation Birmingham Science Park, where great events take place with inspiring and informed community members.
Reward & Recognition:
• Executive performance-related bonus scheme.
• Pension in line with auto enrolment requirements.
• Flexible working.
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Career progression planning.
• Training opportunities in new and emerging technologies.