Project Manager - Cyber Security
£45000 - £50000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
QinetiQ provides support for the delivery of a wide range of exciting defence and security projects from the development and demonstration of new concepts to the implementation of highly complex integrated software solutions and services. We work on a wide variety of challenging and exciting projects and provide opportunities to participate in a diverse range of programmes.
Job description/Person specification
QinetiQ are seeking to appoint a Project Manager to support the delivery of projects within our Intelligence Solutions business. Supporting the business in managing projects for the benefit of QinetiQ and multiple client groups, you will be leading projects with UK central Government, blue chip commercial clients, MoD entities and overseas customers. Operating in a matrix organisation, you will influence the business, clients and internal teams at all levels to increase business effectiveness.
This is a key role in the winning and delivery of contracted outputs to our customers which requires a project manager with a 'can do' attitude to bidding, delivery and stakeholder management, combined with the ability to meet challenging deadlines, whilst remaining balanced under pressure. Some of our projects are heavily engineering biased and include significant proportions of systems engineering, software and firmware development, test and integration, as well as juggling pan-QQ resources, international sub-contractors and customers.
* Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers.
* Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline (customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales).
* Ensuring project members operate in line with the Operating Framework & functional competency management requirements; and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the QinetiQ performance management system.
* Resolving conflicts (including prioritisation calls) within the project and collaborating across QinetiQ.
* Maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
* Application of governance requirements (including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate) for foundation sales and delivery work.
* Reporting progress on all accountabilities to programme / portfolio manager (or their delegate).
* Experience of managing Data Intelligence or Cyber based projects in a commercial environment with exposure to people, customer and commercial management;
* Recognised Project Management qualification
* Ability to problem solve & deliver projects to tight timelines;
* Tenacious, flexible and with ability to work well under pressure;
* Driven, energetic, resilient;