Contract Period: January 2019 - March 2019
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Security Clearance: SC
Design Functional Tests
Execute Functional Tests
Analyse and Report findings
Quality verbal and written communication
Conceptual knowledge of Test Tools and how they operate.
Performs complex testing tasks to assure that developed products meet design specifications and are within total quality management limits and standards. Tests, debugs, documents, validates and installs basic hardware and software testing tasks in accordance with industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standards. Reviews/Generates complex test plans, test case data, procedures and testing scripts based upon functional specifications to meet business needs. Utilizes software testing tools and assists in developing test software for use in automated test activities. Develops project plans, maintains metrics and interfaces with various engineering, operations groups and vendors to achieve desired improvement goals. Documents and shares all test results; Responds to developers' questions about the results to communicate status and ensure understanding. Provides work training and mentoring to less experienced personnel. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong communication and leadership skills.
Education: High School or equivalent.
Experience: 7 to 9 years.
• Under minimal direction, utilizing an appropriate testing methodology, applies specialization to develop a Test Plan for a test level to be executed for a project, as specified in the Testing Strategy for the project.
• Example of potential specializations are Mobile Testing, Automation Testing, Operational Acceptance Testing, Infrastructure Testing, Agile Testing, and Security Testing. The list is not exhaustive but provided to detail more clarity on the role.
• Located offshore or onshore - depends on nature of work and/or constraints that may be applicable
• May be responsible for leading a small test team or takes direction from Test Manager for a specific area within the test engagement, and if these cases the role may be called Test Lead.
• Proficient in understanding requirements, design specifications, and testing strategy to: perform ambiguity analysis, perform risk analysis, establish own areas testing priorities and scope, validate own scoped requirements and specifications, develop basic test plans, review test plan, develop test scenarios, select test design techniques and develop testing metrics collection plan in order to plan and prepare for testing
• Proficient in testing analysis and design, functional, automation and performance models, and test specifications to: develop functional models for testing, develop automation or performance models for testing, evaluate and validate test cases and scripts, validate functional models for testing, validate automation or performance models for testing, develop test specifications, validate test specifications, validate testing coverage, escalate quality issues for resolution, evaluate test automation tools and validate testing environment in order to develop test specifications
• Experienced in testing processes and tools to: execute test cases and scripts, create and maintain test data, analyze test results, report on testing progress and results, facilitate defect resolution and document final test results in order to execute testing engagement
• Experienced in testing processes and testing metrics to: review test summary report, provide testing project feedback and archive testing assets in order to verify completion of testing
• Stays current on established tools, techniques, and technologies
• Maintains security, integrity, and business continuity controls and documents
• Design, test, and validate specialized business and technical information technology related programs.
• Identify, analyze, and devise solutions to business and technical information technology problems.
• Interact with customers regarding business and technical information technology needs.
• Participate on empowered, virtual teams.
• Participate on special projects.
• Manage projects within scope of responsibility.
• Demonstrates strong communication skills.