Access Talent Ltd
£300 - £350
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Application Packager
Suitable For: Windows 10 Analyst, SCCM Engineer, SCOM Engineer, Windows Engineer
Day Rate: £300-£350
Work Pattern: 5 Days a Week (Monday to Friday)
Contract Type: 3 Contract with likely extension
Access Talent are Project and Programme Resourcing Specialists for the permanent, contract and interim market.
Who you'll be working for:
Deployed on a project being run by a professional services company - this project is a major project at one of the leading UK Construction Companies providing leading infrastructure and regeneration services to the private and public sector.
The Role of Packaging Analyst for Windows 10:
The packaging analyst for Windows 10 is responsible for the management of all end user devices (static, laptops, Tablet).
They are responsible for the review and deployment of new software deployments, patches build processes and task sequences. Bringing the in-house software up to date for the company's global upgrade to Windows 10.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities;
* Assist the design, build, testing and rollout of applications in Windows 10 Gold Builds.
* Maintain automated build processes/Task sequences for PC's and all client devices
* Ensure appropriate security mechanisms and controls are in place;- Anti-Virus, Device Control, Encryption and technically enforced policies.
* The setup and management of Remote Application deployments utilising SCCM
* Effective reporting on Application/Patch deployments using SCCM and effective troubleshooting to ensure full estate coverage.
* Removal of duplicate dead records
* Document processes / runbooks etc as required
* Carry out analysis, evaluation and compatibility testing of new software
* Liaise with vendors and monitor software to capture latest product releases. Work with business and service delivery to move to latest platform as agreed
* Provide advice, both reactively and pro-actively, to customers, during the windows 10 project
* Identify and automate tasks as appropriate ensuring that IS processes are as lean as possible.
The successful candidate will have;
* Experience of formal methods and processes and documentation standards
* Design, build, testing and rollout and packaging of applications in Windows 10 Gold Builds.
* Automating build processes/Task sequences for PC's and all client devices within SCCM / SCOM
* Knowledge of Security standards; - i.e. Anti-Virus, Device Control, Encryption and technically enforced policies.
* Able to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of Desktop Operating Systems including Windows 10 in addition to demonstrating a good understanding of the operational differences and troubleshooting techniques
* Robust knowledge of MS Office and other standard business applications gained through previous support experience and direct interaction.
* ITIL Foundation Qualified (D)
* Microsoft Professional (D)
So you know where you stand we aim to respond to applicants within 15 working days.