||City & Guilds
||City & Guilds
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established PMO with a mission to drive change and a cycle of continual improvement. Reporting into the Group PMO Director you will play a pivotal role in enabling the successful delivery of business change and IT projects.
About the role
Reporting into the PMO Director you will act as the second in command and will work closely with Sponsors and Project Managers to improve the way that projects are run and governed. You will ensure that optimal processes and best practice project management techniques are used to deliver outcomes and drive improvements.
As the PMO Manager you play an instrumental role in further embedding the PMO standards and methodologies, to drive improvements and increase project delivery success. You will be supporting programmes and projects to ensure they are being managed using good project management practice. You will monitor the status of the risks, issues, milestone and costs, supporting the escalation of decisions and actions required at the most senior level of the Group. You will also work alongside the PMO Director to identify, develop and implement improved ways of working and ensure that the PMO methodology and approach is tailored to Agile projects.
Key responsibilities will include -
• Establish robust governance arrangements across projects, providing support in the design of appropriate organisation and governance structures, ensuring their alignment to PMO standards and best practice.
• Oversee and be responsible for the stage gate process within the PMO, ensuring that projects comply with PMO standards and that projects obtain necessary approvals to proceed at each stage.
• Undertake key PMO reporting functions, including the drafting of reports into the City and Guilds Management Board and end of stage reports.
• Support the implementation of a portfolio and resource management system across the Group.
• Provide support to Project Managers in developing project and stage plans, ensuring that estimates for task durations are robust, that plans incorporate relevant governance and decision points.
• Advising project and programme managers on best practice techniques including scheduling, benefits realisation, risk management and governance.
This is a challenging and varied role which will give you the opportunity to innovate and change the way that the PMO supports and add value to our internal customers and the wider project management community.
This job is based in London and some travel to other UK locations may be required.
This role will be a great opportunity for an experienced PMO analyst looking to take their first managerial role. We are looking for an excellent leader with the skills and experience to influence and direct the work of teams which do not report directly to you. You will be an effective communicator with the ability to challenge at all levels of the organisation. You will embed a performance improvement culture that delivers results through rigorous challenge, disciplined implementation and continual improvement.
You’ll have a successful track record of working within a Programme Management Office and ideally have previous experience as a Project or Programme manager. You should also have a good strategic understanding combined with the ability to assess the commercial and business value of projects and programmes.
You’ll thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing environment and are practiced at managing multiple projects and deadlines. Enthusiastic, proactive and driven, you are dedicated to taking on the next big challenge.
The following experience will also be key:
• Portfolio management software/technology
• Working on business change and technology related projects delivered using both waterfall and agile methodologies
• The ability to undertake root cause analysis of common issues impacting projects and defining the management action required to address these.
Our story and mission
The City & Guilds Group is a global leader in skills development. Our purpose is the same today as it has always been, to enable people, organisations and economies to develop their skills for growth. Backed by a Royal Charter, we have more than 135 years of experience in making sure that people can contribute to successful businesses and thriving economies.
Today, the Group consists of City & Guilds, ILM, Kineo, Digitalme, The Oxford Group and Gen2. Our businesses provide a broad and imaginative range of products and services that help people achieve their potential through work-based learning. Together, they set the standards for corporate learning, technical training and skills credentialing. Everything we do - from the way we work, our products and services, to our charitable investments - seeks to make a difference to individuals and communities around the world.
Our success is driven by the people we work with. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer an equal opportunity to all our staff and we value diversity within our inclusive culture. We recognise that a diverse workforce is the only way we will achieve our ambitious business goals, so we work hard to be flexible to accommodate everyone.
What we offer
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative, engaging and market-leading organisation with opportunities to develop your existing skills and explore new ones.
You’ll receive an excellent benefits package which typically includes a great base salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension, private healthcare, volunteering opportunities and much more which you can find out about here.
We welcome a discussion about how this role can work flexibly for you for example work pattern, location.
Next steps and how to apply
If you think this is the role and organisation for you then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and complete our short application form using the apply button.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete a game based assessment. This is an interactive assessment looking at ways of working that will be used with your CV and application form to assess your suitability for our organisation.