To be a global market leader in Workplace Management Technology, recognised as benefiting the health, wellbeing and productivity of building users.
SPICA is a specialist Digital Solution Provider combining IOT Solution, Systems Integration skills and Desktop and Mobile App User Experiences to help businesses capitalize on the opportunity that the Internet of Things and new Digital technologies represents SPICA is growing with the direction of new emerging and maturing technology and is aspiring to be a real influencer in the space of IOT helping to shape best practice and corporate governance for our clients within Property Tech.
• Relentless Innovation. Everyone is encouraged to think in new ways for us all to always be moving forward.
• In It Together. Our Job Descriptions are not boundaries of limitation but a spring board for opportunities.
• People Not Number. We pride ourselves on nurturing long-term partnerships and our team is at the heart of everything we do.
• High Performing Culture. Here everyone is a leader striving for self-actualisation at work.
• Work Balance. Working hard is only sustainable when we balance it with family, friends and relaxation.
Your part in it:
Working as part of the Chief Operations Officer’s team, SPICA Operations Engineers perform a variety of technical delivery and support activities across a range of technologies, from IOT sensors to Cloud Platforms.
• Support the Operational Delivery of SPICA's IOT/Digital projects and solutions. Tasks vary from project to project but can include testing/checking hardware from 3rd party suppliers, configuring Devicepoint® instances ready for customer deployments, managing and undertaking the installation of IOT components within the customer environment, providing technical support to clients, and so on.
• Ongoing Project Management of customer projects once handed over to the COO team
• Management of the support interface into SPICA's 3rd party suppliers
• Working with the COO team to refine, improve and implement Operational Delivery processes
• Support the ongoing implementation and management of key operational processes such SPICA's ISMS (to support ISO27001)
• Ensuring that support tickets are being correctly addressed and production SLA's are being correctly met
• Help to manage the tools that the SPICA business uses on a day to day basis
Experience & Qualifications required:
• Understanding of Server Environments, especially Linux based Cloud Platform providers ( Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.).
• Installation and Support of Java based server stacks.
• Support of our live customer facing solutions, potentially involving customer facing/engaging activities. This could involve 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support activities, including needing a very good understanding of how our solutions work.
• Good diagnostic/triage skills.
• Good all-round understanding of networks and communication protocols.
• Understanding of IT security disciplines would be advantage, including ISO27001 certification.
• Good communication skills, enthusiastic and flexible.
• Ideally, at least 2 years’ experience of working in a similar role is preferred.
Personal qualities required:
• Hungry to learn and grow new professional skills
• Takes pride in a job well done
• Flexibility in thinking and approach to problem solving
• Agility to move quickly and respond to change
• Resilience and perseverance in overcoming challenges
• Self-motivated in getting what needs doing done.
• Thrives in a collaborative, supportive environment with friendly professional.
• Exceptional candidates are sought that have a strong and broad range of experience of supporting IT solution in key areas (see Requirements). Working within a small company, a willingness to support business activities outside of the core role, is essential.
• In return, SPICA Operations Engineers have the opportunity to get involved in wide variety of technical activities in an interesting new technology areas and to progress within a fast-paced and rapidly growing, exciting, business.
What you can expect in return
• A great opportunity to experience what it takes to scale a thriving IoT business
• Learning from seasonal experts with a wide range of skills and knowledge
• A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun
• A chance to merge with Birmingham’s Innovation ecosystem being based out of the Innovation Birmingham Science Park, where great events take place with inspiring and informed community members.
• You will see yourself develop in both skills and confidence, honing your foresight and intuition, whilst sharpening your ability to execute action.
Reward & Recognition
• Pension in line with auto enrolment requirements
• Flexible working
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Regular reviews, progression planning