Business Analyst & UI/UX Design
To be a global market leader in Workplace Management Technology, recognised as benefiting the health, wellbeing and productivity of building users.
SPICA is a specialist Digital Solution Provider combining IOT Solution, Systems Integration skills and Desktop and Mobile App User Experiences to help businesses capitalize on the opportunity that the Internet of Things and new Digital technologies represents SPICA is growing with the direction of new emerging and maturing technology and is aspiring to be a real influencer in the space of IOT helping to shape best practice and corporate governance for our clients within Property Tech.
• Relentless Innovation. Everyone is encouraged to think in new ways for us all to always be moving forward.
• In It Together. Our Job Descriptions are not boundaries of limitation but a spring board for opportunities.
• People Not Number. We pride ourselves on nurturing long-term partnerships and our team is at the heart of everything we do.
• High Performing Culture. Here everyone is a leader striving for self-actualisation at work.
• Work Balance. Working hard is only sustainable when we balance it with family, friends and relaxation.
Your part in it:
As a business analyst you'll be helping to manage, change and plan for the future. You'll need to identify future needs and create solutions to help meet those needs.
You'll need to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the way the organisation works and the sector it operates in, as you'll be helping the organisation to develop its functions, services and products to meet goals with internal and external stakeholders.
You'll also play a key role in communicating between internal departments and external parties, acting as a 'translator' where necessary to convey how the clients’ needs can be supported.
• Communicate with internal colleagues and external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service, function or product provided.
• Use data modelling practices to analyse your findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes.
• Consider opportunities and potential risks attached to suggestions you make.
• Identify the processes and information technology required to introduce your recommendations.
• Gain agreement from the senior team for introducing your recommendations to the business.
• Work with the development to help create visual assets to realise the business requirement within our solutions.
• Communicate the benefits of your recommendations across teams and help to address any uncertainty and concern.
• Produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders when necessary.
• Support staff and teams in making your recommended changes, including helping to resolve any issues.
• Ensure plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and reporting on this evaluation.
• You could make significant change and impact within your role, making a substantial difference to the success of a company and the satisfaction of its clients, both of which can be very rewarding.
• You'll work to deadlines and juggle multiple projects, which gives lots of variety.
Experience & Qualifications required:
• A degree is a distinct advantage. This could be in a relevant subject such as business information systems or business computing systems, but could also be from other disciplines, so long as you can demonstrate excellent analytical skills.
• Relevant experience of working on software development projects.
• Ability to work in groups, analyse data, use technology and be an effective team member within projects will be essential.
• Experience of using User Interface Design tools and techniques.
Personal qualities required:
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk and present to a range of audiences sometimes acting as a translator between parties.
• The ability to motivate others and lead change.
• The ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within your project timeframes.
• A passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change.
• Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach.
• A strong interest in business and business development.
• A good understanding of information technology.
• Hungry to learn and grow new professional skills.
• Takes pride in a job well done.
• Flexibility in thinking and approach to problem solving.
• Agility to move quickly and respond to change.
• Resilience and perseverance in overcoming challenges.
• Self-motivated in getting what needs doing done.
• Thrives in a collaborative, supportive environment with friendly professional.
What you can expect in return:
• A great opportunity to experience what it takes to scale a thriving IoT business.
• Learning from seasonal experts with a wide range of skills and knowledge.
• A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun.
• A chance to merge with Birmingham’s Innovation ecosystem being based out of the Innovation Birmingham Science Park, where great events take place with inspiring and informed community members.
• You will see yourself develop in both skills and confidence, honing your foresight and intuition, whilst sharpening your ability to execute action.
Reward & Recognition:
• Pension in line with auto enrolment requirements.
• Flexible working.
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Regular reviews, progression planning.