To be a global market leader in Workplace Management Technology, recognised as benefiting the health, wellbeing and productivity of building users.
SPICA is a specialist Digital Solution Provider combining IOT Solution, Systems Integration skills and Desktop and Mobile App User Experiences to help businesses capitalize on the opportunity that the Internet of Things and new Digital technologies represents SPICA is growing with the direction of new emerging and maturing technology and is aspiring to be a real influencer in the space of IOT helping to shape best practice and corporate governance for our clients within Property Tech.
• Relentless Innovation. Everyone is encouraged to think in new ways for us all to always be moving forward.
• In It Together. Our Job Descriptions are not boundaries of limitation but a spring board for opportunities.
• People Not Number. We pride ourselves on nurturing long-term partnerships and our team is at the heart of everything we do.
• High Performing Culture. Here everyone is a leader striving for self-actualisation at work.
• Work Balance. Working hard is only sustainable when we balance it with family, friends and relaxation.
Your part in it:
You will be developing the Workplace Management Solutions in the form of natives iOS and Android Apps.
• Using Jira Kanban system to execute sprints in an agile process. Attending daily scrum meetings and weekly sprint planning.
• Discussing the client’s requirements and the proposed solution with colleagues.
• Developing application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality.
• Keeping up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps.
• Using and adapting existing web applications for apps.
• Working closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design.
• Programming languages such as C#, Java, Objective-C.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Mathematical aptitude.
• Drive to keep up to date with developments and trends in the tech and modern media world.
• The ability to learn quickly.
• The ability to interpret and follow technical plans.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Desirable having knowledge in Googles Flutter.
Experience & Qualifications required:
• 2 to 3 years’ experience in app development.
• Strong academic background, including good A-levels or equivalent and desirable an excellent numerate degree from a leading University.
• Desirable having experience in using Dart.
• Salary is based on expertise and experience.
What you can expect in return:
• A great opportunity to experience what it takes to scale a thriving IoT business.
• A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun.
• A chance to merge with Birmingham’s Innovation ecosystem being based out of the Innovation Birmingham Science Park, where great events take place with inspiring and informed community members.
Reward & Recognition:
• Pension in line with auto enrolment requirements.
• Flexible working.
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Regular reviews, progression planning.
• Training opportunities in new and emerging technologies.