|Listed on:||27th December 2018|
Cazenove Capital is part of the Schroders group and provides a complete wealth management service by delivering tailored portfolio management and wealth planning, together with banking and treasury services.
Private individuals, family offices, trusts, businesses and pension plans all rely on us to provide them with bespoke, discretionary and advisory investment services. We are a leading charity fund manager in the UK.
We employ over 700 talented people worldwide operating from 16 offices in 9 different countries across Europe and Asia with over £41billion of assets under management.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to in vesting, building client relationships and growing our business.
Schroders Global Technology (GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders’ global offices, with technology hubs in London, Zurich, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York.
The software engineering and technology change function is split between 5 domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations and Data; Distribution and Product; Corporate; Wealth and; Digital. In addition there are teams which operate as shared services to provide Technology Infrastructure, Production Services (production support, release and access control), Quality Assurance, Information Security and Business Management (change management, assurance and reporting).
Our application estate is comprised mainly of commercially available off the shelf software packages best suited to Schroders’ operational needs, complimented by a number of internally developed proprietary systems to support the specific needs of the clients and products that our colleagues support.
The Global Technology vision is to ensure a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds, that focuses on value delivered to our external and internal customers. With a culture of excellence through collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement, Global Technology will enable Schroders to deliver the best outcomes for clients and shareholders.
In order to ensure that the emergent technology needs of our clients, regulators and internal stakeholders are able to be met quickly and effectively Schroders is undertaking the Leading Enterprise Agile Programme (LEAP) within Global Technology. In order to ensure this is achieved without compromising the stability and security of the platform, Schroders Global Technology is implementing a bespoke agile operating model, based on the SAFe methodology, which ensures that technology support and infrastructure is unaffected and the requisite governance and control is in place.
Overview of role
The Global Quality Assurance (QA) Practice (the Practice) looks to drive a shift left approach, to ensure that QA persists throughout the life of a change. Through process, MI & Tools the Practice aligns, measures & improves processes that underpin a QA Governance & Framework that is repeated across Schroders.
The QA CoachManager is responsible for the Governance & QA oversight across the Agile delivery teams with their allocated domain. The QA Coach needs to understand the needs of the Agile teams, ensure the QA Practice evolves to support the Agile teams. The QA Coach is the point of contact for Agile teams for Test activities, Environments, Coaching and Automation. They must coordinate activities across ART’s and/or Domains to ensure quality and testing are executed to the required levels as the change dictates.
The overall goal of the QA Coaching team is to provide a robust, repeatable QA Framework, from left to right, that enables speed of delivery, supports innovation and creates a best practice framework for Agile teams to utilise.
Areas of Responsibility
• Provide Leadership, support and guidance to QA Engineers embedded within agile teams
• Provide support, guidance and QA coaching to members of agile teams
• Work collaboratively with Shared Services (eg: DevOps), Practices (eg: Agile) and agile teams to ensure all change can demonstrate quality persisting from "plan to run”
• Manage the requirements for test environment assignment and co-ordinate these with the QA Tools and Environments team
• Work collaboratively with all colleagues in order to resolve any escalations
• Input into a monthly Practice Report that includes metrics on performance of the Practice, implementation of improvements or initiatives
• Work with other members of the Practice to drive the QA function forward with a path of improvement & evolution
• Attend ART Ceremonies (planning, demo’s and retrospectives) in order to obtain feedback for areas of improvements
• Interactions with key Stakeholders, internally & externally of Global Technology to identify areas of improvement
• Conduct maturity interviews with Agile teams with the objective of identifying areas of improvement, training, innovation for their product/strategy
• To Lead by example; take a pro-active approach to work, question and challenge where necessary, be responsible for driving change through the Practice and wider enterprise
• Facilitate/co-ordinate business testing across ARTs, working in alignment with the RTE
• Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe
• Demonstrable experience from either Business Analysis, Development, Testing or Operations
• Demonstrable experience managing, implementing or working on complex changes from one the perspective of either BA, Dev, Test or Ops
• Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation
• Excellent understanding of the business context of the Capabilities
• Inter-personal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills
• Strong self-organisation, time management and prioritisation skills
• Excellent communication skills and a consultative approach coupled with a "can-do” attitude
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones
• Can demonstrate skills and experience that are aligned to the Schroders
• Advocate for the use of best practice
• Good relationship management skills - able to engage with and gain confidence of others
• Drive and motivation to transform teams by sharing their expertise & knowledge through training, mentoring and/or coaching
• Strong communication skills - written, pictorial, presentational, verbal - at all levels within the organisation
• Flexible and adaptable while at the same time maintaining focus and a drive to deliver
• A technical minded person with a desire to keep abreast of technological, regulatory and other environmental changes impacting financial services
• Ability to challenge current/conventional processes in SDLC
Proven ability to successfully manage external partners/vendors at a Senior Level
Quality Assurance Frameworks
Automation across the SDLC
IT Operating Models
Agile, DevOps & SAFe methodologies/certification
HP ALM, UFT, AGM & Test Data Maker
Microsoft TFS, MTM & VSTS