Senior IT Field Support Engineer - 3rd Line Technical Analyst
24th December 2018
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£54,500 - £54,500
+ Excellent Benefits
Senior IT Field Support Engineer / 3rd Line Technical Analyst that has excellent troubleshooting and client facing skills with in-depth experience managing and supporting large scale projects and a wide range of technologies such as servers, networks, firewalls, routers, VMWare, Cisco, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory plus much more…
SALARY: up to £54,500 per annum (includes a £4,500 per annum car allowance) + Excellent Benefits (see below for more details)
LOCATION: As this is a field based role you will spend 80% of your time supporting clients located in London, Milton Keynes and surrounding areas (around 1 hour from Milton Keynes) with around 20% of your time based out of the Milton Keynes office.
TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Senior IT Field Support Engineer / 3rd Line Technical Analyst that has excellent troubleshooting and client facing skills with in-depth experience managing and supporting large scale projects and a wide range of technologies such as servers, networks, firewalls, routers, VMWare, Cisco, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory plus much more…
Working as the Senior IT Field Support Engineer / 3rd Line Technical Analyst you will manage complex activities and project work at client sites within London, Milton Keynes and surrounding areas.
As the Senior IT Field Support Engineer / 3rd Line Technical Analyst you will be the last point of escalation for problem resolution onsite with clients. You will also mentor and support colleagues through knowledge sharing and practical guidance.
As a successful candidate, you will have a great opportunity to join this well-established Company that can offer excellent career progression opportunities and ongoing professional development training.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Senior IT Field Support Engineer / 3rd Line Technical Analyst include the smooth running of their clients’ systems and network infrastructures ensuring the clients’ get maximum benefits from them. Activities may include:
• Hardware and software installations
• Manage and work to internal and customer SLA’s, escalating any concerns
• Create and maintain customer specific infrastructure documentation
• End-to-end ownership of problem resolution
• Managing client expectations through clear communications
• Support colleague development to enable them to resolve issues confidently and effectively
• Project management of service to clients from initial identification and documentation of requirements, through to delivery
• Take responsibility for own continual professional development, ensuring up to date industry and technical knowledge
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is an award-winning business IT services Company based in Milton Keynes and was founded in 2002. The focus of the Company is to provide IT support in London, Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas.
As a successful candidate, you will be part of a committed IT Services Company providing high quality IT services. The aim is to provide the level of support a business would expect to receive from an internal IT support team.
As a services business, the Company doesn’t have a product to sell. The key to their success is the service that is delivered and therefore the people that deliver it. The benefits that the Company offer are:
• An industry matching salary
• Contributory pension scheme
• A tailored professional and personal development plan
• Receive up to 10 days training per annum, relevant to your position
• Fully funded Open University degree
• Employee share ownership scheme
• When you join the Company you’ll get your pick of their amazing company perks from Perkbox
• Support is just a phone call away with this valuable employee service that the Company offer called EASE from Westfield Health
• Free financial wellbeing advice and competitive loans through the Neyber platform
• Free flu jab
• Cycle2Work Scheme
• Discounted personal Costco membership
• Mtech Scheme (technology loans on discounted IT products)
• Free use of the on-site gym
• Work in attractive office space with plenty of free parking - The office has: Pool, darts, ping pong, American diner and think pods for those quiet times
• On-site weekly boot camp funded by the Company
• Take part in their regular events and activities outside of work. This is for charity or just for fun
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
• Previous commercial experience managing or supporting large scale IT projects
• Previous experience working within an IT Field based role supporting SME’s
• Excellent client facing skills
• Working as part of a wider service delivery function
• Supporting multi-site clients
Expert level of knowledge and application in:
• MS Windows Server Technologies
• SBS Technologies
• Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory - configure sites and services, resolve issues
• Firewalls, Router & VPN Technologies
• NAS & Storage Technologies
• PC/Server Hardware - upgrade, both hardware and firmware. Raid configurations, iLO, make recommendations for upgrades
• Comms Cabinet Patching
• DNS - running through the DNS structure to ensure domain entries exist for DC's, moving external DNS services around to different IP's when internet changes
• Group Policies - create, breakdown, troubleshoot issues
• Firewalls, Routers & VPN’s - install, configure & troubleshoot
• VMWare / SAN - determine system state
• Symantec Backup Exec - install, configure, set-up backups to tape and disk. Bare Metal Restores
• Cisco - install, configure, ACL's and NAT commands
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4569
Full-Time, Permanent IT Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, London and surrounding areas. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk