DO YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR PROVIDING WORLD-CLASS IT MANAGEMENT?
CliniSys are a well-established company, with over 200 employees, and over 30 years
of developing market-leading healthcare software, including clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and order comms software, and are creator of products such as WinPath and ICE.
Our systems help medical professionals test, diagnose and treat millions of patients across the country every day, helping save or improve their quality of life.
We need an amazing IT Manager who can work with our IT support teams in the UK to ensure we deliver exceptional client service to the business worldwide as well as help translate our technology ambitions into real-world implementations.
Reporting to Clinisys' Services Director you will be responsible for making sure that the core fabric of our IT system is well maintained, secure and compliant, and that our IT helpdesk provides an exceptional level of service to our team members around the UK.Responsibilities include:Strategic oversight
- Identify and leverage new technologies and trends for business benefit.
- Strategically map-out, plan, and manage projects as directed by the Head of Technology.
- Regularly analyse and maintain operational data, providing recommendations and learnings.
- Promote and implement operational efficiency and compliance measures.
- Help build a strong commitment to technology excellence across the business working with teams and clients in partnership to provide training, ideas and recommendations.
Day to Day
- Managing, developing and motivating our IT team
- Ensuring our IT systems run smoothly and safely in line with compliance.
- Build and maintain positive vendor relationships and favourable rates
- Build strong relationships with local stakeholders and develop a clear understanding of the local systems and challenges
To manage all aspects of ICT security including
- To manage and support all on and off premise ICT systems, infrastructure and services including internal and external communications (e.g. internet access, email, intranet, telecommunications, etc.)
- To manage and support UK inter-site systems and services
- To manage and oversee the implementation of ICT systems to affect availability and resilience, e.g. backup and disaster recovery, fail-over systems, hot and warm standby systems.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- To act as Information Security Officer in line with CliniSys ICT security policies
- To create and maintain an ICT data security plan
- To design policies, procedures and controls required to mitigate information and data security risks building upon an existing ICT risk management function
Education and Experience :
- A committed and highly motivated individual who is assertive and has sound judgement
- Experienced in leading a team with strong motivational skills facilitating the delivery of tasks in difficult circumstances
- Excellent project management skills with strong planning / organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including communicating with technical and non-technical internal clients and staff at all organisational levels including director/CEO
- High levels of commitment and ability to take action when necessary
- High level of customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree is desirable
- Solid experience working within an ICT environment, with at least three years in a managerial position
- Microsoft Certified Professional or Microsoft Certified Software Engineer qualifications (or equivalent) or efforts towards such qualifications are desirable.
- Experience in defining, deploying and administering Microsoft based Server solutions.
- Experience deploying and administering key non-Microsoft technologies
- VMWare or other Virtualisation Technologies
- SAN Storage Technologies
- CISM or CISSP qualified. CISA would be advantageous.