Cyber Security Architect
||Roke Manor Research Ltd
||20th December 2018
||Romsey / Gloucester with travel expected
||Roke Recruitment Team
We currently have exciting opportunities for a number of Cyber Security Architects to join our growing organisation.
You will be motivated by solving varied and challenging client problems and will work alongside customers to help them engineer bespoke cybersecurity solutions within complex environments with the aim of protecting information and systems from the cyber threat.
Your activities will be dynamic as you work across a range of projects, ensuring that your work is always diverse and interesting.
WHAT WILL YOUR ROLE LOOK LIKE?
We are a highly respected world-class organisation with strong existing clients in the UK public sector and is now seeking to diversify further into the private sector.
You will be an experienced, developing or junior Architect/System Designer with an Information Security and technology background to assist our clients by performing the following tasks:
• Designing Secure Systems; either a software/hardware component or system of components which are resilient to the Cyber Threat
• Architecture modelling and oversight of technical design studies
• Generation of technical material for competitive bids, however, this is not a pre-sales role
• Engagement with technical and non-technical stakeholders daily.
WHAT WOULD WE LIKE FROM YOU?
• CESG Certified Professional (CCP) qualification(s) required, ideally IA Architect or SIRA
• Essential background in an IT engineering discipline, ideally one of the following:
• Network equipment
• Software development
• Hardware development
• Highly desirable background in a form of Cryptography and/or key management
• Detailed understanding of various types of Cyber Threats, Vulnerabilities and Risks
• Strong Analytical skills
• Ability to understand, adapt and architect complex systems
• Enterprise-level Architecture Modelling
• Application of Architectural Frameworks and Systems Engineering processes (e.g. TOGAF/MODAF/EASE)
• Background in UK Defence Information Assurance (IA) systems and processes
• Defence, National Security or Communications Domain Knowledge
• Strong Interpersonal and Leadership Skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communications and negotiating skills, including the ability to present to executives.
This is a customer facing role, therefore, we are looking for individuals who have the appropriate technical knowledge and who are able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. We have positions available in both our Romsey and Gloucester offices, however regular travel to customer locations should be expected (specifically South England and London)
WHAT ELSE WOULD WE LIKE?
You will ideally hold a degree at (2.1 or above) in a related subject or have the equivalent in relevant engineering, scientific or technically-based discipline.
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR US:
We offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
• A substantial performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process.
• 25 days holiday, 8 bank holidays and the option of flexi-time and flexi-leave.
• Free car parking and mini-bus travel to and from the site to the local train station.
• Sports and social activities including an onsite gymnasium
• Employee assistance program
• Company funded private medical insurance, for you and your family, in addition to a contributory pension that will enable you to effectively save for the future.
• A whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance, and dental care.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to either hold or be eligible to achieve SC and or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.