||Roke Manor Research Ltd
||20th December 2018
||Roke Recruitment Team
Roke delivers advanced research, development services, and products and is a vendor-neutral supplier picking the best technologies to achieve the required performance and capabilities. We are now looking for an experienced Cloud Developer to join our growing organisation.
We operate in the fields of autonomy and AI, communications and connectivity, data analytics and cyber and Roke staffs its projects with the most appropriate staff, although when at the cutting edge it’s rare that you would have nothing new to learn on a project.
What will your role look like?
You would face a breadth of challenges across business and technology domains allowing you to craft their future development infrastructure. We are therefore looking for a Developer with a passion for cloud development (AWS). We would also welcome Developers from a number of backgrounds, including front-end, back-end, full-stack, application, mobile or enterprise skillsets.
• Collaborating with colleagues and customers to deliver and present new capabilities
• Working with and applying Agile and DevOps methodologies and tools
• Solution and component design, development and testing
• Technical consultancy, business development and contributing to bids
Training at Roke
We require fast and self-motivated learners but support and encourage our engineers to grow their skills. You will, therefore, have the opportunity to:
• Work alongside and learn from some of the best engineers in the industry
• Benefit from specialist face to face training & mentorship.
• Undertake high-quality online training, covering development across both your technical and soft skills.
What do we expect from you?
You will need the ability to develop software, with the business making a point of choosing the best-fit languages and frameworks for each project.
• AWS development experience.
• Exposure to AWS S3, AWS Lambda, AWS MQ/SQS, AWS Fargate, AWS CodeDeploy and AWS IAM.
• Strong Python skills.
• Experience working within an Agile Scrum Team.
• Virtualisation knowledge.
• Familiarity with Git/GitLab.
What additional skills would be useful?
Exposure to any of the below would prove useful across our current project portfolio:
• Web scraping/crawling
Where will you be based?
Your work will typically be located at Roke's state of the art sites in Romsey, with some travel to customer sites and the possibility for you to work on secondment with a customer.
The benefits of working for us:
We offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
• A substantial performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process.
• 25 days holiday, 8 bank holidays and the option of flexi-time and flexi-leave.
• Free car parking and mini-bus travel to and from the site to the local train station.
• Onsite subsidised restaurant.
• Sports and social activities including an onsite gymnasium
• Employee assistance program
• Company funded medical insurance
• A whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance, and dental care.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to either hold or be eligible to achieve SC clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.