Project Manager - National Security
||Roke Manor Research Ltd
||20th December 2018
||Romsey (With Travel Expected)
||Roke Recruitment Team
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to work from our Romsey office. The role will encompass the management of a variety of projects ranging from smaller research type activities to multi-million-pound integrations.
As a Project Manager for Roke you will also be expected to support the business winning side of the organisation through the management of bids.
There is a wide scope of project work within the business ranging from Research & Development, Product Development, Solution Delivery, Hardware & Software Products and Solutions for various markets in the UK and internationally.
We deliver advanced research, development services and products Roke is a vendor-neutral supplier picking the most appropriate technologies to achieve the required performance and capabilities.
We are seeking highly motivated and knowledgeable staff, although when you are working across groundbreaking projects it is rare that you will have nothing new to learn.
What will your role look like?
• Working as part of a wider delivery management community to deliver your projects to time, cost and quality.
• You will be responsible for generating project level forecasts that allow the business to communicate potential future performance.
• Supporting the National Security Account Teams with business development by providing bid management activity.
• Building and maintaining good customer relationships to enable long-term business growth.
• Enabling your project teams by working closely with business enabling services for resourcing, IT & facilities.
• Enhancing the National Security delivery business by actively supporting it's delivery portfolios and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Allow the business to track progress and provide guidance by engaging business assurance stakeholders.
What do we expect from you?
• Extensive project management experience demonstrating the above responsibilities and tasks in a comparable business is essential.
• Extensive development experience in cyber security including the delivery of software related projects/programmes. This should include managing of engineering teams developing software and hardware solutions that go beyond supply and fit.
• Proven substantial experience in the National Security domain and working with government departments.
• Experience of working in the development of solutions for cybersecurity, business intelligence, communications or information security.
• Degree level education in a related subject area and ideally practical engineering experience.
• APMP and/or PRINCE2 qualifications are desirable
• Knowledge and use of Agile methodologies preferred.
• SC clearance
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to board level.
• The ability to travel nationally (and internationally).
Where will you be based?
Your work will typically be located at Roke's sites in either Romsey or Gloucester, with some travel to customer sites with the possibility for you to work with a customer at thier location.
The benefits of working for us:
We offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
• A substantial performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process.
• Company funded private medical insurance, for you and your family and an employee assistance program, in addition to a contributory pension that will allow you to effectively save for the future.
• A whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance, and dental care.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, innovative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, current DV clearance would be preferred, however, as a minimum you will already hold or be eligible to achieve SC clearance.