||Roke Manor Research Ltd
||20th December 2018
Due to increased growth, we are now looking to hire capable software developers familiar with Android and back-end systems who are able to pick up additional frameworks, programming languages & technologies rapidly to work in a dynamic, state of the art environment.
We deliver advanced research, development services and products and are a vendor neutral supplier picking the most appropriate technologies to achieve the required performance and capabilities. We are seeking highly motivated and knowledgeable staff, although when you are working across ground-breaking projects within the fields of autonomy and AI, communications and connectivity, data analytics and cyber it is rare that you will have nothing new to learn.
Our teams are responsible for the entire software lifecycle, so experience with deployment, continuous integration, and automated testing will be beneficial.
What will your role look like
You would join forces and work within our outstanding software engineering teams to produce and demonstrate new capabilities to prestigious end users.
• Collaborating with colleagues and customers to deliver and present new capabilities.
• Working with and applying Agile and DevOps methodologies and tools.
• Solution and component design.
• Unique development projects and associated testing.
• Technical consultancy across a number of challenging client problems.
• Business development support and contributing to high-level bids.
• Technical training & knowledge transfer initiatives.
Training at Roke
We require fast and self-motivated learners but support and encourage our engineers to grow their skills. You will, therefore, have the opportunity to:
• Work alongside and learn from some of the best engineers in the industry
• Benefit from specialist face to face training & mentorship.
• Undertake high-quality training, covering development across both your technical and soft skills.
What do we expect from you?
• Familiarity with either Android development or Mobile Device Management
• Familiarity with at least one of Java, Kotlin, C/C++ or Python with the demonstrable ability to rapidly pick up and apply new frameworks, languages, and technologies.
• Familiarity with software engineering standard methodology including behaviour and test-driven development, continuous delivery and other Agile practices.
• Familiarity with of multithreading and concurrency.
• Working knowledge of network protocols, such as TCP/IP.
What additional skills would be useful?
• Familiarity with Android / ROM development.
• Familiarity with security, or encryption algorithms.
• Familiarity with hardware integration.
• Ability to understand, adapt and architect complex software systems.
Where will you be based?
Your work will typically be located at Roke's state of the art sites in either Romsey or Gloucester, with some travel to customer sites and the possibility for you to work on secondment with a customer.
Why should you work with us?
We offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
• A generous relocation allowance to help you settle into the local area and your new role.
• A substantial performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process.
• A company funded private medical insurance, for you and your family, in addition to a contributory pension that will allow you to effectively save for the future.
• A whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance, and dental care.
Due to the nature of this position, you will either hold or be eligible to achieve SC or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 10 years.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.