Software Support Project Manager
20th December 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Tessella is the Analytics World Class Center of the Altran Group. We are innovative scientists and engineers who enjoy solving the real-world technical challenges faced by industry-leading companies at the forefront of science and technology. Using a combination of deep domain knowledge and technical expertise, including data science, analytics and software engineering, we help our clients understand the complex challenges they face and deliver the solutions they need.
The solutions we provide are usually bespoke software applications and systems written for our customers. Our Application Continuity and Improvement (ACI) team maintains an ongoing relationship with our customers by providing support and maintenance activities for many of them. This includes developing system enhancements, fixing bugs, and ensuring that applications remain up to date with modern software technologies.
The ACI team is taking on a growing portfolio of applications that need looking after in production environments. The Project Manager will take on responsibility for a number of such applications and will have a dual role of managing enhancement projects and ensuring we provide suitable support throughout the year. The role will call upon and develop a range of skills including business analysis, stakeholder management, resource planning, and risk management, as well as the ability to pick up an understanding of complex scientific domains.
The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with customers to gather requirements, produce estimates and report on progress.
- Manage the delivery of enhancement projects.
- Take on line management responsibilities for a small team, ensuring that they maintain the necessary capabilities and resources to meet the support requirements.
- Take responsibility for application support, ensuring that we deliver within our SLAs and budgetary restraints.
- Manage the escalation of support work to other teams if required.
- Liaise with other customer teams or with third parties as required.
- Contribute actively to our Knowledge Sharing activities within the ACI team.
- Report to the ACI Manager on the projects you are responsible for.
- The ACI team provide a supportive and collaborative environment, so it is important that the incumbent is a team player who will contribute to this environment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Project Manager to join us. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our growing team, working on varied, interesting projects for leading organisations. If you are interested in joining our ACI team, you should have:
- BSc (min. 2.1) in Computer Science or a scientific / numerate discipline.
- Project management experience, preferably in software development or software support.
- The ability to understand and assimilate scientific concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving abilities.
- A methodical approach to work and the ability to juggle several priorities at once.
What We Offer
As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we also offer good future prospects. From growing your technical abilities to developing leadership skills, we offer tailored career development based on your aspirations. This is supported by our industry-leading training package - all our staff have an annual training allowance of 150 hours, which can be used to learn new technologies, develop soft skills or earn recognised professional qualifications.
Tessella is the Analytics World Class Center of the Altran Group, a global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting. We are leaders in the field of data science and analytics and we have developed a reputation for helping clients solve their most complex technical challenges by unlocking the power of their data, enabling them to make better-informed business decisions.
Our work is at the cutting-edge of high-tech R&D and our projects are varied and rewarding. For example, in pharmaceutical companies we solve computational problems for chemists at the early stages of drug discovery and development, allowing them to get a head start when they begin their experiments in the lab, ultimately getting drugs to market faster. We help consumer goods companies model and simulate new product ideas and perform data analysis to improve their processes. We also support oil and gas engineers with the computational challenges of exploration and production, from reservoir modelling to writing control systems. In space and defence, we have written algorithms and solved complex mathematical problems to control satellites and radar systems.