Cyber Security Analyst - SOC
19th December 2018
£26000 - £30000
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Cyber Security Analyst - SOC
This MSP is looking for a motivated and talented Cyber Security Analyst to join and lead their Managed Security Services arm of their expanding MSP.
The SOC Engineer is part of the IT organisation working in their Pro Active team. The role is primarily technical across a variety of fields including computer hardware, software, network and communications systems for the purposes of Security Operations.
If you like problem solving, have a technical mind and are interested in IT, a career in the fast-growing cyber security field may be for you. Rewarded with a laid back but fast paced work environment where they focus on growing their people and their clients.
Cyber security analysts help to protect an organisation by employing a range of technologies and processes to prevent, detect and manage cyber threats. This can include protection of computers, data, networks and software platforms.
- Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values.
- Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments whilst research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them
- Update and tests firewall changes.
- Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity
- Test and evaluate security products
- Design new security systems or upgrade existing ones
- Use advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Identify potential weaknesses and implement measures, such as firewalls and encryption
- Investigate security alerts and provide incident response
- Monitor identity and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorised system users
- Liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations
- Give advice and guidance to staff on issues such as spam and unwanted or malicious emails.
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Great communication, project planning and implementation skills
- 5 years+ of 2nd/3rd line support
- Logic problem solving and analytical skills
- Windows Server 2008/12/16/19
- Active Directory & Group Policy
- VMware (ideally with VMware certification)
- Storage Arrays (SAN) technology
- Microsoft 365, Azure IaaS, InTune & EMS
- Firewall technologies
- Intermediate TCP/IP networking, with a focus on tunnelling protocols
- Metasploit Vulnerability Framework or other CVE library tools
- A desire and excitement to learn and understand a vast array of business types, requirements and technologies
- Excellent team working skills and communication
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong organisational & documentation skills
- Personable, customer satisfaction driven attitude
- Ability to multitask and break down larger tasks whilst also providing relevant updates on workload