Advanced Systems Software Engineer
||19th December 2018
Boeing Defence UK realises its Science and Technology, and Research and Development requirements through its Advanced Systems team located in Bristol and Fleet, Hampshire.
BDUK Advanced Systems employs innovative, highly skilled and mission motivated engineers capable of developing differentiated, high quality systems and solutions with agility and at high velocity. The team develops innovative information management and exploitation solutions for applications across a diverse set of C4ISR domains and contexts that include, but are not limited to mission systems, security, resilience, intelligence, cyber, logistics, and training.
Boeing Defence UK is looking for innovative, talented and mission-motivated Software Engineer to join the Advanced Systems team developing cutting edge next generation software solutions that will support the growth and sustainment of Boeing Defence UK.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive leader, diligent team player from a software development background with the ability to work seamlessly across multiple teams and functions in Boeing, interfacing with talented computer architects, technologists and engineers who possess a diverse set of skills ranging from academic research through to product development. They will have an interest in software development trends and be able to identify the applications of these in the defence and security sectors.
The Advanced Systems Software Engineer responsibilities will include:
• Delivering high quality design, development and delivery of robust next-generation software solutions
• Collaborating with distributed national and international development teams and stakeholders to understand user requirements and translate them into effective prioritised technical requirements
• Ensuring that the BDUK software engineering processes are followed correctly and be able to identify areas for improvement.
Skills & Requirements
• Experience working in a relevant industrial field
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject
• Excellent working knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
• Strong working knowledge of object orientated programming (Java, C# and/or C++)
• Be innovative and lateral in thought with strengths in problem solving
• Ability to be work on your own initiative after initial tasking
• Ability to lead and motivate a team.
• Masters or PhD in computer science, or equivalent subject
• Experience working with enterprise development frameworks such as Spring Boot
• Working knowledge of Enterprise deployment platforms (e.g. Openshift)
• Experience/knowledge of machine learning libraries such as SciKit-Learn, Tensorflow, Keras or Torch
• Experience with software code management e.g. Git
• Experience in Cloud architectures and technologies
• Experience of machine learning / artificial intelligence technologies
• Experience of video management and exploitation technologies
• Experience working with containerization technologies & applications
• Strong understanding of conventional and contemporary machine learning algorithms (e.g. CNNs, LSTMs, Reinforcement learning, SVMs)
• Ability to read and apply academic machine learning literature
• Experience/knowledge of computer vision algorithms and libraries (such as OpenCV)
• Experience of exploiting GPU parallel computing
• Experience/knowledge of common database solutions (SQL, Neo4j, Elastic Search, etc)
• Understanding of software design patterns
• Knowledge of 3D and geospatial algorithms
• Experience in multiple development environments and operating systems
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the RUSSIA. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE RUSSIA. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.