Advanced Systems Software Engineer
||19th December 2018
||Boeing Defence UK Limited
BDUK Advanced Systems Boeing Defence UK realises its Science and Technology, and Research and Development requirements through its Advanced Systems team located in Bristol and Fleet, Hampshire.
BDUK Advanced Systems employs innovative, highly skilled and mission motivated engineers capable of developing differentiated, high quality systems and solutions with agility and at high velocity. The team develops innovative information management and exploitation solutions for applications across a diverse set of C4ISR domains and contexts that include, but are not limited to mission systems, security, resilience, intelligence, cyber, logistics, and training.
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic, open minded and forward thinking individuals with the right ambition and drive to succeed in the BDUK Advanced Systems team. Advanced System’s portfolio spans collaborating with a number of different universities including Cambridge and our overseas US partners to create state of the art technologies, to supporting the needs of the business on various software intensive programmes. Activities may include developing novel analytics and/or user interfaces as well as applying algorithms to real life problems.
The successful individual will work in an agile development environment, and contribute to all aspects of the concept and product development lifecycle on a variety of both internally funded and externally contracted projects. The individual will operate within adaptable team structures chartered with the innovation necessary to create differentiating concepts, solutions and products at high velocity. The individual is expected to work within exacting and accredited quality standards using contemporary tools and methods designed to expedite the transition from concept to product.
• Object oriented software design and development
• Proficiency in a variety of traditional and contemporary programming languages. (Must be highly proficient in at least one essential language such as Java or C++)
• Familiarity with modern web application frameworks (Angular, React, etc.)
• Familiarity with contemporary integrated development environments including agile management, version control, issue tracking, code review and c continuous integration methods and tools (Especially the Atlassian toolset)
• Software development experience through all stages of the agile development lifecycle.
• Appreciation of software development best practices and continuous improvement
• Excellent verbal and visual communication with a good level of spoken and written English. The candidate will be equally adept at sketching a design out on a whiteboard as they are writing a detailed technical design specification.
• An eye for detail and diligence. The candidate is comfortable investigating deeply technical issues and summarising the findings to present to relevant stakeholders.
• Natural collaboration with a creative desire and innovative outlook
• Ability to work at pace with risk and uncertainty.
• Familiarity with contemporary Cloud Architectures, Virtualisation and Containerisation methods, tools and techniques (especially OpenShift)
• Appreciation of Model Based Systems Engineering
• Appreciation of Enterprise and Computer Architecture
• Familiarity with contemporary simulation technologies and standards
• Familiarity with SQL, NoSQL (Document, Graph based) database design and interfaces.
• Interest in functional programming.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the RUSSIA. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE RUSSIA. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.