Consulting Government and Healthcare Manager
||18th December 2018
||Competitive plus benefits
A career within Data and Analytics Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. We make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
PwC helps a variety of organisations harness the value of their data. Using innovations in data analytics and human insights, we help clients collect data, analyse it and use it to understand potential futures, improving business performance and transforming the way they work.
As part of PwC’s strategy to embed data analytics in how we operate and the services we offer to our clients, the Consulting Practice (Technology Competency) is looking to recruit individuals with a proven track record in Data and Analytics Technologies (DAT), specifically Business Intelligence at the Manager grade.
We support the wider Consulting firm in embedding Data & Analytics in everything we do for our clients, and often deliver DAT solutions as part of wider technology-enabled business transformation.
We are particularly focussed on
- Helping clients do much more with the volume of data they have available
- Providing clients with solutions that are tailored to meet their specific business problems
- Engaging with stakeholders across our clients’ businesses to deliver Data Analytics solutions
- Design and implement effective Data Analytics capabilities focussed on delivering business value
We do this by
- Inspecting, cleansing, transforming, modelling and exploiting our clients’ data to support decision making, deliver business outcomes and adopt an insight to action management approach
- Developing innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies, structured and unstructured information
- Implementing governance strategies to ensure the security, integrity, and availability of information
- Working with a range of global alliance partners from the largest (Microsoft, Oracle, Google) to SMEs specialising in specific technologies or industry verticals
A successful candidate must understand a client's business and be able to dive deeply into their issues and requirements. Assignments will vary and will involve managing small teams/work streams, providing expert consultancy, mentoring and acting as a "trusted advisor" to clients. Relationships will run from business and IT specialists to senior management.
The role, largely based at Client sites (~90%) will involve providing key technical advice to clients within the Business Intelligence & Analytics domain. It is essential that the candidate is capable of delivering high quality work for clients, demonstrate an understanding of both the client’s business and relevant professional standards. The candidate will be expected to develop and maintain respectful client relationships at a wide variety of levels.
Many of the tasks and assignments will involve working with teams that are drawn from a diverse cross section of the PwC Consultancy practice including other team members from the Data & Analytics area. It is crucial that the candidate is able to take advantage of new opportunities for learning, sharing new knowledge, being intellectually agile and thinking creatively. The building of internal and external relationships and networks will be highly important as will the ability to consider the needs of others when proposing effective solutions.
You should have good delivery knowledge in at least one of the following vendors
- Be able to prove and demonstrate expertise in at least one BI vendor. Possibly certified.
- Be able to lead technical delivery of a medium sized BI solution with minimal support.
- Programming experience (SQL, VBA, VB.net) or similar
- Cloud Computing - Azure / GCP
- CDMP Practitioner
- Enterprise Content Management
- Analytics (SAS, SPSS)
- Agile delivery tools - e.g Trello/JIRA
- Qlikview/Tableau/PowerBI certification
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity