IT Operating Model & Effectiveness Manager
18th December 2018
£45000 - £100000
Competitive plus benefits
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A career in our Technology Consulting practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
As a member of the team, you’ll work with clients to define their vision and plan how to get there. We deliver the technological solutions organisations need to compete and grow and build a lasting legacy of improvement and performance, partnering with best in class technologies and solution sets. In joining, you’ll help our clients understand and evolve the way they align Information Technology with their business strategy, create integrated end to end solutions, and use enterprise applications to solve complex business problems.
Who we are looking for
Due to continued growth within our Government and Health Industries Technology Consulting practice, we currently have opportunities for functional and technical consultants at Manager grade with a proven track record in designing and implementing new operating models for IT functions and in working with IT functions to design and implement change which delivers tangible improvement in operational effectiveness.
The requirement is for candidates with project experience; gained with Big 4, major SI/IT service provider or equivalent industry experience.
About the role
The role sits within the Digital Technology and Transformation group, a rapidly growing part of PwC’s Technology Practice. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of change projects and programmes for clients across our Government and Health Industries cluster. You will have the opportunity to work with an exciting and extensive client base and also the chance to receive high quality training.
You'll work with clients on engagements in and around their IT Function. Typical engagements including reviewing IT Functions to identify opportunities to increase efficiency or reduce operating costs, design and implementation of a new operating model for an IT organisation in response to, for example, new sourcing arrangements for IT services; the implementation of new technology; new business services or a merger between two functions. At Manager grade, the role requires that the candidates can lead small projects or workstreams on larger programmes. Candidates will be expected to build-up a solid internal knowledge-based network and to contribute actively to the development of the IT Operating Model and Effectiveness community of practice.
Opportunity for working from home? (Limited)
Amount of time client based (At least 80%)
Opportunity for job sharing? (No)
Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes)
Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes)
Amount of time PwC office based (20%)
- Work onsite with clients to provide high quality advice and deliverables
- Manage client engagements and ensure that we deliver the best solutions for clients
- Build existing client relationships and support operations to add to current client portfolio
- Help prepare client proposals, tenders and reports on an ongoing basis
- Maintain a ‘best practice’ working environment in terms of compliance, risk, financial management, etc.
- Work on building and rolling out new value propositions for our clients
- Provide training to other members of the team as and when required
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders
- Experience of undertaking organisation/function reviews
- Developing target operating models and roadmaps for IT functions (including process, people, technology design for the future state)
- Review, design and implementation of effective IT
- Designing and delivering initiatives to drive up IT organisation effectiveness
- Ability to support the sale of consulting work in this area.
- Project management experience in a complex environment
- Working knowledge of ITIL / Service Management lifecycle
- Demonstrates experience of engaging with client to assess business issues and shape client vision, and delivery approach
- An understanding of the technology themes shaping and impacting clients across the Government and Health Industries sector the market such as cloud, cyber, RPA amongst others
- Developing robust business cases to support any IT operating model change, sourcing and/or IT transformation project
- Defining IT Sourcing strategies for clients (including reviewing their existing business and IT capabilities, identifying the future IT capabilities and services required, determining whether these should be provided internally or insourced/outsourced, defining appropriate commercial arrangements for any future IT supplier arrangements and determining the most appropriate sourcing route to acquire such capabilities)
- Developing IT service requirements, service levels and other key contractual documentation that is required for a future IT supplier arrangement
- Facilitating the development of transition plans that include both client and future supplier obligations - and then supporting transition activities
Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Manchester
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity