18th December 2018
£400 - £475
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Role: Digital UX Designer
Duration: 6 Months
Start Date: ASAP
Would you like to join a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation?
Our client are at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
You will be based on site working with one of the UK's most digital organisations and leading the technology revolution across the public sector. With over 50 million customers at the heart of everything they do the scope and impact of your work is limitless. As a team, they're not afraid to try new technologies and new ways of working.
UX Designers work with user researchers and front end developers, designing in the browser, to deliver highly user focussed and successful services. UX designers produce design concepts for digital services, often working to very tight deadlines, and work with front end developers to implement those concepts. The ideal candidate will have a love of the web and its possibilities, a passion for design and its history and an understanding of how form and function work together.
You will proactively work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver highly user focused and successful digital services.
* Produce design concepts for digital services, often working to very tight deadlines, and work with front end developers to implement those concepts
* Work with user researchers to ensure all output, internal and external, is well designed and user focused
* Design and create communication material ensuring all elements are well designed, consistent and user focused
* Partner with colleagues to facilitate a consistent user experience, including by designing reusable elements of a digital service;
* Build relationships and work effectively within an agile delivery model with colleagues and external providers, for example user researchers and business analysts
* Deliver high quality finished digital service designs that meet web standards and GDS/GOV.UK design principles, ensuring that elements such as accessibility are built into designs from the outset
* Proactively seek new learning opportunities and look to continually improve by gaining feedback from your peers and the business
* Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally
* Practical experience in designing interfaces and transaction flows for the web.
* Ability to prototype for the web & design in browser.
* A good understanding of web technologies and how they affect design, including accessibility;
* Experience of web and mobile application interface design.
* Core skills: sketching, design production, hand-coded HTML & CSS, rapid prototyping
* Responsive web interactions design for mobile devices.
* Experience in researching design with users
* Service design experience, including user journey mapping
* Experience working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and ability to deliver iterative design components (including user journeys) to the development team.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Problem solving and creativity skills.
* Honesty and Integrity.
* Eagerness to learn,
* Drive and energy,
* Professional appearance.
* Leading and Communicating.
* Seeing the Bigger Picture.
* Delivering at Pace.
Please submit CVs in the first instance