Lead Engineer - Manchester, England
Salary up to 75,000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits, Remote Working
I am partnering up with one of our long term clients to aid with the recruitment of several Lead Engineers to be based out of their project location in Central Manchester. They are the leading Software Company for the public sector, operating as one of the largest technology consultancies across the UK with an excellent reputation for utilising the newest technologies.
The role is heavily focused around digital transformation and cloud migration, utilising a diverse set of technologies including CICD, Jenkins, Automation, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS. Additionally you will get the chance to upskill and cross train into different areas that are of interest to you; my client are offering paid for certifications in different technologies as well as public speaking, leadership courses.
You will be expected to work across the entire project lifecycle and will be involved in a number of methodologies/processes, as well as having the chance to work on varied projects from financial to security.
In terms of specific requirements, they are ideally looking for a number of skills. But rather than just regurgitating the job specification, I wanted to highlight a few of them below:
* Automation - the core focus of this role will involve working to digitally transform older systems and automating different processes across the project lifecycle, getting involved in both greenfield and brownfield development. The main automation tools they operate are Jenkins, Ansible and/or Puppet, therefore you should have experience in at least one of these tools.
* Cloud Technologies - a lot of projects within this role will involve some form of Cloud Migration, although which public cloud used, differs from client to client the main focus is on AWS. However, previous experience in any cloud technologies including Azure, Google Cloud, private clouds are beneficial.
* Agile Methodologies - Agile plays an important part in the engineering process and they endeavour to utilise methodologies/processes including Scrum, Kanban, CICD and DevOps.
Any additional skills in containers; Docker or Kubernetes is advantageous, however not necessary.
In return you will benefit from a competitive base salary (between £60,000 and £75,000) as well as home working, potential bonus and their company benefits package.
So if you are interested in the following this up with a conversation then I can be contacted on the following means:
* Contact Phone: [Telephone number removed]
* Email: Click here to contact this recruiter
* LinkedIn: 'Amber Maddison'
Anything discussed will remain completely confidential and fully compliant with GDPR
FRG Technology Consulting is a leading IT recruitment firm in the UK, advertising more IT jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe and we have never had more live requirements. By specialising solely in placing candidates in the IT market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in the UK/Europe and have unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities are IT jobs are.