Ethical Security Tester
17th December 2018
£50000 - £60000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Ethical Security Tester
Malvern - will have client site work along with possible working from home
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Security Clearance will be required from the successful candidate
My clients Security Health Check Penetration Testing Team is looking to recruit an IT Security Consultant. You must have or be working towards a current Team Member certificate, either TIGER or CREST.
Penetration testers are expected to offer the flexibility to switch between application and infrastructure testing and ideally will also add value to our "Red Teaming" service, Advanced Intrusion Testing, by offering skills which would normally fall outside of traditional Penetration Testing.
You will be highly motivated and will enjoy delivering world-class consulting as well as undertaking service development and sales support activities. The scope for career development is limited only by your personal dedication and drive.
As a client-facing professional, you must be highly experienced and credible operating at both technical and management levels.
You will be adaptable and flexible in your work and a positive attitude is essential. In return, you will be given the opportunity to work with a broad range of client organisations, alongside some of the best consultants in the security industry.
There is scope to learn from colleagues as well as to contribute to enhancing the Penetration Testing capabilities through service specialisation and funded personal research.
· Offensive Security Certified professional (OSCP)
· Additional qualifications on route to Team Member certificate, CREST or TIGER.
· UK driving license.
· UK security clearance to SC or DV level.
· Strong desire to "get root".
· Strong work ethic.
· Good communication skills.
· Willingness to travel to customer sites in the UK and Europe.
· Excellent report writing skills coupled with an acute attention to detail.
· Technical knowledge of hacking and penetration testing techniques, methodologies and tools across all common platforms.
· The energy to use time between scheduled engagements constructively to direct your own research in order to keep current with vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures.
· The ability to effectively manage time and workload on individual and team engagements, cooperating with clients and managing stakeholder expectations.
· Experience applying these skills working as part of a team on relevant client assignments (or equivalent for example within own workplace).
· Willingness to support the sales team to develop engagement opportunities.
· Ability to scope security assessments and deliver them on time and within budget.
· The willingness to work with other parts of the organisation to provide benefit of knowledge base and experience within information systems security.
· Evidence of on-going personal development in the penetration testing space e.g. research and development.
The position comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a good work/life balance.
The role will be based in Malvern, Worcestershire, but you will be required to undertake regular work on customer sites as necessary. Working from home is possible, where appropriate, although the expectation will be for you to attend the office when not deployed to customer locations.
If you would like to know more about the role, please do not hesitate to reach out.