Data & Insights Analyst
||14th December 2018
||£23,220 - £27,000
||181213 Data & Insights Analyst_expired
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Data & Insights Analyst, Strategic Business Planning Directorate
Burford offices, Oxfordshire
Contract Type: Permanent, full time
Closing Date: 2 January 2019
What is the role?
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Planning & Innovation team and help drive Data and Insight forward for our client, ultimately helping them to reach more pets in need. As part of the team you will be responsible for providing actionable and understandable insight to help drive evidence-based decision making for the organisation, with a focus on the Pet Services, Fundraising, Marketing and Communications directorates. This will involve the production of organisation KPIs, monthly operational reporting, quarterly Board reports and ad-hoc analysis, in addition to working with internal customers to develop new reports.
The role presents considerable development opportunities as reporting is migrated from Microsoft Excel to Power BI over the coming year, providing significantly enhanced capability and bringing people from around the charity closer to their data.
This is a full time role of 35 hours per week Monday to Friday. Due, however, to the nature of the work of our client, and this post, it will be necessary to exceed these hours when the work load demands.
What is required?
Our client is looking for people with the following:
- Degree or equivalent
- Significant experience of producing dashboards for different levels of management within the organisation using MS Excel and other BI tools
- Excellent analytical skills incorporating statistical methods, to identify a problem, analyse cause and present findings clearly
- Visual design aptitude for visualising results and high attention to detail for report creation to enable non-technical audiences to quickly understand the information provided
- Comfortable to use SQL Server (2012)
- Extremely proficient user of MS Excel
- High aptitude and willingness for learning new tools
- Excellent customer engagement skills; great at building successful relationships with people from different levels across the charity to understand their requirements and support them in accessing and understanding the relevant data and insight
- Happy to work independently and as part of a team, both with direct team members and people across the charity
- Good organisation skills to ensure that personal workload is well managed, work is delivered to agreed deadlines and internal customer expectations met
It would also be great if you had experience of:
- Not for profit organisations.
- Experience of MS Power BI
What’s in it for me?
Working for our client is very rewarding; they have been dedicated to helping pets since 1897! They value their brilliant employees and offer competitive benefits including:
- Salary £23,220 - 27,000 per annum
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Life Insurance
Please note that short-listed applicants will be invited to interview on Friday 11th January 2019.
Our client reserves the right to close this vacancy early should they receive an overwhelming response. For more information on this role please read the attached job description.
To apply for the role of Data & Insights Analyst, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Data & Insights Analyst, Data analyst, Business Analyst, BI Analyst, Business Insight Analyst, Insight Analyst, Business Insight Analyst.