£30,000 - £40,000
To be a global market leader in Workplace Management Technology, recognised as benefiting the health, wellbeing and productivity of building users.
• Relentless Innovation. Everyone is encouraged to think in new ways for us all to always be moving forward.
• In It Together. Our Job Descriptions are not boundaries of limitation but a spring board for opportunities.
• People Not Number. We pride ourselves on nurturing long-term partnerships and our team is at the heart of everything we do.
• High Performing Culture. Here everyone is a leader striving for self-actualisation at work.
• Work Balance. Working hard is only sustainable when we balance it with family, friends and relaxation.
Your Part in It
As an exceptional, experienced Senior Product Designer with strong skills in UI / UX design and a proven track record of implementing quality software you will join our innovative team working on our broad range of software products, both web and app-based, which are oriented around the Internet-of-Things and aimed at the Facilities Management sector. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to get involved in some really interesting new technology and progress within a fast-paced, growing company. Reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, you will be helping to design, implement, test and support both our existing software products and new concepts. The role will involve collaboration with the development team, and ownership of requirements and customer support. You may also support business activities outside the core role wherever necessary.
Experience & Qualifications required
• 4-7 years experience of working in industry (background in facilities management is a bonus)
• Demonstrable UX / UI design experience in desktop and mobile
• Experience running workshops conducting user research, gathering feedback and exploring new product concepts
• Experience of requirements analysis and product / feature design
• Experience in data analytics and visualisation
• Experience in all phases of the development process including functionality and usability testing experience (automating UI testing would be a bonus)
• Willingness to support and mentor junior team members
• Good communication skills
• Experience in a customer-facing role especially in a B2B environment
• Experience working with Adobe software packages and Agile methodologies
Personal Qualities required
• Hungry to learn and grow new professional skills
• Takes pride in a job well done
• Flexibility in thinking and approach to problem solving
• Agility to move quickly and respond to change
• Resilience and perseverance in overcoming challenges
• Self-motivated in getting what needs doing done
• Thrives in a collaborative, supportive environment with friendly professional.
What you can expect in return
• A great opportunity to experience what it takes to scale a thriving software business
• Learning from seasoned experts with a wide range of skills and knowledge
• A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun
• A chance to merge with Birmingham’s Innovation ecosystem being based out of the Innovation Birmingham Science Park, where great events take place with inspiring and informed community members
• You will see yourself develop in both skills and confidence, honing your foresight and intuition, whilst sharpening your ability to execute action
Reward & recognition
• Pension in line with auto enrolment requirements
• Flexible working
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Regular reviews, progression planning
We support the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you are smart and good at what you do we want to hear from you.