Planning Engineer - Infrastructure / Telecoms
11th December 2018
£27000 - £33000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Planning Engineer
Salary: £27,000 - £33,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is one of the principle installers of structured cabling in the UK with over 30 years' experience within datacoms and telecommunication industry and currently recruiting for an infrastructure planner to be based at our clients office in Borehamwood who is the largest and most advanced digital communication company in Britain delivering mobile and fixed communication services.
Purpose of the Role:
The primary function of the dedicated support engineer is to provide planning services for the Planning Core Network Team/s, to progress various projects through all the stages from detailed design to deployment.
Comms Room Installation Management:
* Covering power, cooling, space, cabling and port;
* Preparing installation plans and patching schedules;
* Scope covers changes within existing sites and new sites.
Cable Installation Planning:
* Work on the planning of Infrastructure cabling and connectivity projects, ascertain environmental issues/requirements, cable and containment routes.
Equipment Installations Planning:
* Planning associated with the rack mounting, connectivity and installation of switches, servers and other devices.
* Covering cabling infrastructure, patch frames and panels, network switch ports.
* Experience of operating in an Infrastructure Engineer position in the mobile/fixed telecommunications industry
* Computer literacy (Excel)
* Great team worker
* Open to new ideas, method of workings and rapidly changing working environments
* Understand implications of key decisions and prioritise accordingly
* Customer focused. Tactful and diplomatic. Conscientious
* Tenacity and willingness to investigate where knowledge is limited
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Project Engineering, Project Engineer, Project Manager, Support Engineer, Installation Engineer, Project Manager Engineer, Network Engineering, Network Technology Operator, Network Engineer, IP Hybrid Networks, Network Operations Analyst, Network Operations Technician, Telecommunications Technician, Network Maintenance Engineer, Field Network Engineer, Connectivity Engineer, may also be considered for this role.